British Steel

There some lovely bikes on this thread and great history. Sinnermanns post on 30 August mentions English steel, so I then wondered what Scotland or wales brought to this party. I don't know the answer, but instinctively i bet they punch above their weight.

xxnick1975":oz7syopk said:
There some lovely bikes on this thread and great history. Sinnermanns post on 30 August mentions English steel, so I then wondered what Scotland or wales brought to this party. I don't know the answer, but instinctively i bet they punch above their weight.

Sorry thats my fault, that devide was never intentional, england,ireland scotland wales, i dont regard them separately....but altogether, our island is small enough in the world of mountain bikes....!

Attachments

• columbus_183.jpg
    columbus_183.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 845
  • hardisty_racing_122.jpg
    hardisty_racing_122.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 845
  • mbuk_magazinehardistynike_135.jpg
    mbuk_magazinehardistynike_135.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 845
Giom6":1y33ycgj said:
Don't be sorry mate, it's cool.

I thought I would be in with a good shout but obviously it was not to be.

I would be interested to know who got it...

That would be me... ;)
Don't expect a quick turn-around though. :oops:

For now, here's my contribution to all this B.S.

Picture777.jpg

Full build thread here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ay&start=0

Quite surprised not to see any Fuquays in this thread. :?

thanks for adding your bike mate, GF...in smokey B, didnt Chipps have one or test one BITD...?

hopefully you posting yours might lead to many more, like a lot of uk builders VERY overlooked by so many....., Dam Fools.... :LOL:

Corduroyboy":2v3sszgg said:
For now, here's my contribution to all this B.S.

Picture777.jpg

Quite surprised not to see any Fuquays in this thread. :?

Thans for adding the Fuquay - I don't know much about these at all - they look very nice - can anyone add some history info onto this thread?

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Donohue :D

sinnerman":27q0462m said:
thanks for adding your bike mate, GF...in smokey B, didnt Chipps have one or test one BITD...?

hopefully you posting yours might lead to many more, like a lot of uk builders VERY overlooked by so many....., Dam Fools.... :LOL:

Dead right! I've a copy of the article with Chipps' Smokey Bacon Fuquay tested against a Dave Yates and Pace RC200. Certainly inspiration...

nevadasmith":27q0462m said:
Thans for adding the Fuquay - I don't know much about these at all - they look very nice - can anyone add some history info onto this thread?

Here's an interview with the man himself:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... reg+fuquay

An American, he apparently learned his craft Stateside at Serotta before venturing on his own this side of the pond. Worked with Columbus, Ritchey Logic and Tange Prestige Ultimate/Ultralight tubesets.

As I said, the Donohue will be slow in progress. Just happy to get my hands on a fillet brazed, hand-build British steel double-U wishbone frame. Going to need a few parts first...

I believe he built for Serotta, before coming here and building in the Uk, which i guess explains so many similarities ref parts of the frame, example the dome shaped seat stay ends etc. A Quality framebuilder. :cool:

The fork is very reminscent too..... :cool:

Corduroyboy":6coh8kpg said:
sinnerman":6coh8kpg said:

Dead right! I've a copy of the article with Chipps' Smokey Bacon Fuquay tested against a Dave Yates and Pace RC200. Certainly inspiration...

nevadasmith":6coh8kpg said:

Here's an interview with the man himself:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... reg+fuquay

An American, he apparently learned his craft Stateside at Serotta before venturing on his own this side of the pond. Worked with Columbus, Ritchey Logic and Tange Prestige Ultimate/Ultralight tubesets.

As I said, the Donohue will be slow in progress. Just happy to get my hands on a fillet brazed, hand-build British steel double-U wishbone frame. Going to need a few parts first...

i will have a look for the review and get a good scan and add it.

Glad you got the PD mate, Showing the Fuquay shows its in more the Capable hands. Good show mate... :cool:

Below, the Dexter.

Attachments

• fuquay DEXTER.jpg
    fuquay DEXTER.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 669
  • Fuquay.jpg
    Fuquay.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 647
Back