British Eagle 531 project. Almost finished...

British eagle was a good brand in 91/92 i have the 92 catalogue and has a Boss Xt model top end stuff then.

I do like the bars please remind me the name of them i had them once on my stumpjumper back in the 80's

Nick :)

big burner":22km0ryj said:
British eagle was a good brand in 91/92 i have the 92 catalogue and has a Boss Xt model top end stuff then.

I do like the bars please remind me the name of them i had them once on my stumpjumper back in the 80's

Don't suppose it would be possible to do some scans and stick it in the archive? I'd be quite interested in seeing that.
Mate of mine had a Boss, remember both grips coming off it on a fast rocky downhill at exactly the same time! Luckily he had the sense to drop them and grab the bars again...

XCDave":3p2s69rq said:
big burner":3p2s69rq said:

Don't suppose it would be possible to do some scans and stick it in the archive? I'd be quite interested in seeing that.
Mate of mine had a Boss, remember both grips coming off it on a fast rocky downhill at exactly the same time! Luckily he had the sense to drop them and grab the bars again...

Will do m8, i have to get the scanner working, i will get right on it,i have a few old catalogues from around 92 :)

Nick

big burner":2rxosab2 said:
Will do m8, i have to get the scanner working, i will get right on it,i have a few old catalogues from around 92 :)

Nick

Great news, cheers!
Sorry for the hijack atb, lovely bicycle.

I Picked up a British Eagle Kinetic a couple of weeks ago, it appears that between 79 and 84 they made 2x 531 Models - the Touristique and Kinetic.

The British Eagle name has long since been besmirched by Asda (Walmart) who now own the brand and do kick out shedloads of cheaply made Taiwanese crap. Rest assured if you own a British Eagle road bike from the late 70s to mid 80s you have a superb bit of British engineering, handbuilt in a factory near Powys Wales.

Here Goes

(Still some light fettling to be done ;) new lightweight saddle on order, aero seat post in the post office waiting to be collected, sadly a replacement rim has had to be ordered too, but I want to make this little lightweight flyer fly and having a buckled rim is like having an olympic sprinter running with his spikes done up so tight he has lost circulation to his foot and feeling in his leg, needs to be sorted out)

p2117372039-4.jpg

p2094421505-4.jpg

p1924992798-3.jpg

p1904802337-3.jpg

p1948670566-3.jpg

p2087181301-3.jpg

Flashspix":3l03h2ea said:
I Picked up a British Eagle Kinetic a couple of weeks ago, it appears that between 79 and 84 they made 2x 531 Models - the Touristique and Kinetic.

I think that they made three models.

I've recently picked up a British Eagle Kinetic 500EX, mine has decals - 'British Eagle Kinetic 500EX' but it also has large (original) decals saying 'Hybrid' and '50/50'. It is surprisingly light - I wonder how the frame differs (if at all), from the Kinetic road bike ?

Back