Brit Downhill Legends race again!

I went to this also. The Legends race itself was a bit mad. From what I could work out, Peat and Warner were the only ones to race to the bottom. Everyone else pulled up at the bridge and appeared to be hitting the beers. Then they all finished en mass. No idea of the result but a great spectacle.

Good to see some proper downhill bikes back in action...

Guests of honor. I think the Spez guys had the same conversation with at least 3 RB'rs

Dirt vid bike:

some old men:

Re:

A few more from the weekend.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 533
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 533
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 533
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 533
Re:

I had the good fortune to be marshalling on the big rock drop next to the saplings where Peaty spread JMCs ashes.
I wish I was in on the plan to ruin Warners run as it was chaos when the legends all pulled over to wait for him then give him a good beer bath. Apparently Warner is now sporting a tatto of Bertys winning race time :LOL:
I feel really priviliged to have been part of that weekend.

Re:

JaEdBa":f5vszzf9 said:
it was a good day but slightly disappointing that the legends' race didn't go the distance...

We stopped to make sure Berty won. Rob never backs down on a bet.
The legends rode for JMC, and everyone getting a DNF for Rob to get a tattoo? That's something Jason would have done. It all fitted perfectly.
We all paid at least the £75 entry fee (some like myself paid more) as our fees were going straight into a young rider development fund.
I'm writing a feature for MBUK about it. And so many of us were bitten by the bug again. A lot of us are racing some races next year. :)

-=smiffy=-

Re: Re:

Paul_Smiffy_Smith":1v50cj8w said:
JaEdBa":1v50cj8w said:
it was a good day but slightly disappointing that the legends' race didn't go the distance...

The legends rode for JMC, and everyone getting a DNF for Rob to get a tattoo? That's something Jason would have done. It all fitted perfectly.
We all paid at least the £75 entry fee (some like myself paid more) as our fees were going straight into a young rider development fund.
I'm writing a feature for MBUK about it. And so many of us were bitten by the bug again. A lot of us are racing some races next year. :)

-=smiffy=-

Excellent.

Re: Re:

Paul_Smiffy_Smith":yqxjbbbg said:
JaEdBa":yqxjbbbg said:

-=smiffy=-

That's the spirit :D

Re:

The 'dreas didn't spend much time hanging up as I was letting people ride it. But when it did stand still the 44 Racing guys looked after it.

3I7dmAMAfAs-5vJuBPNzImMWC2PbecVcG8DxwDfolGkrPsCzGIiIhnjPlyi59wWvuHi0BukwEATnMQQk9brYnkMa5nvjWzDqVE6VMKXuGNUHBokLCQrwPyoY6sVpUAuqrHoa-n6J7IsLiNzX-6nr948STC4vun64myraoWhU-zmkafyiZVs2Z0E9CsnO-t6YijcgVha8dGFIJBhxpQZ_BR2ad1DgYiB2U6UpIW4TMr-j2tGRVXbkR_LkFGx40B44qh8dEqrqiApCNVDA6JdUd_o0_rTcFAiJbu8BikAWmwV_aKX3_aEwQYC0V0L-QmRK7lVRoqftWWIh3vo3Gq8k7sUnuQhgIoUr1-JWSLDblqRSRQGjIumXTGGFGecSkUycuyJBQ-sNTPdSPX5x3slv-KCT0yKAnFkUI1IPGTTc-xWjmXY8dGjvqY7_N_q2HeHpMu4L7YN46DZ83WMSCebC0GUQuRJqfQG6EXGPXNq_SW-9c_ygovg58IBCOALBvW9Dx4133ISxGgJrVJbkIhOvAFe0enXyBt1sXf8U-VTx_9I=w720-h540-no

Back