Brands we never see on RB?

Right about that Hamster. I hope to address that Viking shortfall with my new thread. Currently asking for info., shortly to morph (I hope) into a restoration thread.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=406571
Given how the Vikings were all over the place a few centuries ago (and in the 50s and 60s) and how ubiquitous their bikes were (were they?), it is surprising. No horned helmets though, and certainly no pillaging or the other thing they were renowned for.
c8973ba3-90b3-4d88-a410-e8d5c5c9d495-jpeg.540686

Frank Herety of Stockport.
Worked with Johnny Berry in his early years before setting out on his own after Johnny finished.

I’m always amazed at the number of different small scale builders that were out there: so many skills got learned.

(Only skimmed the thread, but has anyo e mentioned Ronson?)

And there really should be a separate thread for improbable but likely frame builder names: for instance it’s ages since I clapped eyes on a Dick Swallow; and who can forget Roger Smalljack’s early output?

I think Geoffrey Butler made the list.

I've got a 22" frame set that I'll be listing shortly.

I've never got round to doing the research on it but I understand they're notoriously difficult to attribute as some were made by Chas Roberts or Cliff Shrubb.

Not helped by the fact that it was repainted about 10 years ago by Argos in BRG.

Last edited:
Back