Brands we never see on RB?

Mid-eighties Japanese Akibo. As they are a trading firm they probably didn't build it themselves, but I haven't been able to determine who did.

1k0.jpg

Van den Eng was a shop in Gouda, Holland, which sold household appliances and bicycles. I don't know about the appliances, but the bikes were quite nice. Local racing club members bought them, or so I've been given to understand.

Their house brand was Stormvogel. De frames came from Belgium, I believe.

Mine is from the early eighties. As found:

IMG_20210916_184758709.jpg

Henery Burton???

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Young's???

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Like this one?

View attachment 540803

Belonged to a friend of mine who was in the North Notts Olympic as a lad in the late 60's. I sold it for hime several years ago. He tells me it was definitely a Pongo build. It was to small for me or I'd have kept it myself.
Or this one, built by Pongo for a Newark chap named Ted Guy, in the late 70s I think. It originally had his name on the down tube in place of the ACS Paramount decals but it was so faded I couldn't make out his name, after I sold it someone identified it.
I sold it to a Mansfield chap named Wilf who used to ride with Pongo.

DSCF5019.JPG DSCF5017.JPG

Back