Box Brake Levers and Calipers Question

Canuckbiker

BoTM Winner
Brodie Fan
Hi RB experts, I bought a bike with these brakes, brand name is Box. They are in like new condition. The levers really resemble the machined ones from 1997 but they are clearly a different version. The V brake calipers are cool as well. My hunch is these are not super old maybe 2000s? The internet does not provide any details on this model that I can find at least. I can only see pictures of the pricey 1997 levers posted previously on RB (picture below) and the current offerings from Box geared at the BMX crowd.

Any details would be appreciated, are they rare? Valuable? I'm on the fence as to whether I will keep them or sell them:

20220405_000443050_iOS.jpg
1997 version:
box-levers-1.jpg
More of the units I have:
20220405_000455154_iOS.jpg
20220405_000433350_iOS.jpg

Box are still going. Not sure if they're US made, but they're sold via a US web store, and Crucial sell, as you say, their BMX gear in the UK.

Their modern kit is quite good value compared to contemporary Shimano gear of similar quality, so I doubt theyre worth oodles. Nice though - clearly decent kit and a little different to the norm.

Box are still going. Not sure if they're US made, but they're sold via a US web store, and Crucial sell, as you say, their BMX gear in the UK.

Their modern kit is quite good value compared to contemporary Shimano gear of similar quality, so I doubt theyre worth oodles. Nice though - clearly decent kit and a little different to the norm.
Thanks for chiming in. I moved them on for $120 yesterday. Pretty good deal for both of us I think

Latest posts

Back