Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrewls King Kahuna

• Slims Yeti

• FatF*ckinChances Fat

• Total voters
I'm so glad I have my own bike in the competition this month - it would be so hard for me to choose one of the bikes

SLIMS Yeti - wonderful
Carsten's Potts and Adroit - clean builds as always
the red pace - really red!
the Mavic Pace - hmmm, Mavic
the blue / green Fat - love the color

etc.

etc.

etc.

Hey Joe,

Cheers for the words!

The period correct thing is obviously always sought by all, but I think primarily consideration for the drivetrain should be given to how the bike is used.

This is my daily commute bike and I need the reliability in this instance so it uses newer cranks and mechs. My other lesser-used bikes are all fully period correct, but the more things we wear out, the less there are to go around...!

As an aside, I'm not sure how appropriate it is in the first instance for competitors in BOTM to be finding issues with the other bikes in the competition - and conveying them in the BOTM pages!

Also not sure how great it is for the same competitor to then be posting up more pictures of their own entry in a blatant attempt to influence people. Use your gallery?

Alternatively don't take the thing so bloody seriously, it's only a bit of fun for cryin out loud...!

BoyBurning":1ravrcur said:
As an aside, I'm not sure how appropriate it is in the first instance for competitors in BOTM to be finding issues with the other bikes in the competition - and conveying them in the BOTM pages!

Also not sure how great it is for the same competitor to then be posting up more pictures of their own entry in a blatant attempt to influence people. Use your gallery?

Alternatively don't take the thing so bloody seriously, it's only a bit of fun for cryin out loud...!

While we are on side issues, I find it a tad annoying that some of the bikes up for the vote have made their first appearance in the actual BOTM nomination thread. Am I expecting too much for a bike to be posted in the readers bikes section where it can be dicussed in detail and nominated in due course??

There are also a couple of bikes which are clearly unfinished (and hence unridable) in the photos. Should unfinished bikes be held off until the next month?? ;)

Just what exactly is your problem mate? All you seem interested in in pi$%in everyone off all the time. You got nothin better to do?

hey wait...that yeti doesn't even have a chain or cassette...I always thought bikes needed a chain to be rideable...and rear cogs...

Oh well...It IS pretty, though...but I like pedalling my bikes!

-Richard

Back