• THM's 1984 Andy Powell Overbury's

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Mr Ox's 1995? Raleigh Special products division

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Jimi911’s 1994/5 Walter Croll Custom MTB - Reynolds 531

Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The BOTM has been a success from the start. An ingredient is a strong field that makes it competative and exciting. Reynolds, however a great company with great products, is apparently too much a niche to get a decent field together.

Besides stopping with 'specials' a minimum number of entries could be introduced as alternative. With less than 8 entries no BOTM for the given month. This will keep eveything exciting and prevents the BOTM title being subject to inflation.

Re:

I think that theme is just fine. As I said before, it’s essentually a de facto Brit bike month, with some potential for early-mid 80s bikes, dekerfs, and some odd balls - like the Croll. There’s bikes from previous months that have only entered once that coulda tossed their bikes in.

On the number vote front, maybe make a threshold for 2 votes like 15 or something.

Although only a small field was entered this month, I think its worth noting that (at least compared to RBoTM) the voting is still very healthy.
May I make a sugestion that on these ocasions (small entry field, 5 or under) that we only get 1 vote or has that already been tried?

I’m tempted to run a poll to obtain opinions. I know there are plenty who like having two votes but also some who think one is enough.

raidan73":3c28e18n said:
I’m tempted to run a poll to obtain opinions. I know there are plenty who like having two votes but also some who think one is enough.

How many votes would we get in the poll to decide how many votes we get in the poll?

Maybe you should have a poll to decide how many votes would we get in the poll to decide how many votes we get in the poll.

raidan73":2d6dzwqh said:

Personally I think the above is the only option, let the masses vote on the subject rather than taking your queue from a vocal (potential) minority
That way it’s a decision based upon the wishes of the majority and we’ll have to accept the outcome regardless of your opinion

raidan73":305k6ojq said:

A referendum? Last time there was a referendum it was not a success ;-) The mod team is the boss and knows very well what is good for the vintage MTB community.

Elev12k":3dac5127 said:
raidan73":3dac5127 said:

The mod team is the boss and knows very well what is good for the vintage MTB community.

You’ve hit the nail on the head above “it’s a community” NOT a totalitarian state, so if you don’t mind cast your vote but don’t deny others a chance to voice there opinion by thinking you know what’s best

And yeah the referendum was a massive shock to me however I’m coming round to that decision and now sitting on the fence

I casted only one vote, what means some others, people who are less able to make a decission, have 100% more influence than I have because they go for two options. It is kind to offer people who face difficulties with choosing the luxury of an extra vote, but it could have an unintended effect on the final outcome.

Back