BoTM - March 2009 - Nominations Please

I thought I had my vote destination sorted back at page 2 or 3. Now 5 pages and umpteen fantastic bikes later I'm going to have to dig out my thinking head.

XCDave":33a4j9l1 said:
Anyone else got a comparatively sh*te bike and feel like it's time to get their coat? Or is it just me?

lol

That's what I like about this site...there's appreciation for retrobikes of all types.

:D

Now in full detail in the readers rides

This is my first post so why not enter a bike?
1984 Cook Bros. Bonzo Fury. Full CBR kit including the crank, bottom bracket, hubs, and very rare mtn. handlebars. The rest is built with Dear-Head except for Suntour freewheel. Oh the seat-post wich is original is a Nitto made Shimano 600 EX. Stem is a CBR modified Nitto made Tioga BMX stem. I changed the brake levers from the original Deer-Heads to the Tomaselli motorcycle levers. The pieces that are out of place were things I changed to make it better suited for actual use: Pedals, seat, seat QR, and Euclid cable hangers(love these). Bike was fully rebuilt with new Phil Wood bearings throughout. Original Hatta BMX headset was replaced with a new Sealed bearing version of the same headset "the Kongo". Still running the original brake pads and cables. Just cleaned and re-lubed. Headtube decal is a BMX version I added. These bike never had decals. One of a handful of non BMX bikes to come out of the factory. My 2nd favorite bike to ride the trails with. Climbs like a mule.

BTW: Hi my name is Chris and I'm an addict. I look forward to not getting the help I need to stop here at RetroBike.

1378140010_2799996b77_t.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg
Hey Chris,
Do you still have the Bonzo Fury? I realize this is an old thread but it would be cool to see some photos, I am currently building up a Bonzo fury and I have been looking for original build photos. Thanks

Back