BOTM Aug2012- British Special- Vote now.

Who has the best of British?

• videojetman- Dynatech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nevadasmith- Bigfoot Smokestone

• makster-1990 Overbury's Pioneer

• biglev-Roberts Peugeot

• dendy-Saracen Kili Comp 96

• Rob Aitken- Dave Lloyd

• legrandefromage-Harry Quinn

• firedfromthecircus-Cleland Aventura number 5

• mrlee-1985 Dawes cougar

• Giom6-Zinn Z-classic

• Easy_Rider-'94 Dawes Special Edition

• Dawes-Man-Dawes "The Edge eXTRa"

• H-Fuquay

• danson67-1985 Highpath

• reanimation-'94 Prestige

• NeilM-1990 Roberts White Spider

• Paul Eggleton-Pace

• ShiftySteve-91 Aluminium O

• JeRky-Chas Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X

• Mr Panda-1995 Orange P7

• mikee-Pace

• sinnerman-Hardisty/Nike

• terryhfs-m-trax

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sinnerman":2ku0u4df said:
To be fair Rob, i genuinely expected the Dogs Bollox, to take it. A classic Bike, that i personally feel " IS " the BOLOX.

Sadly i cant Bring my self to watch X-Factor (for obvious reasons), and i wouldnt expect every one to get it either..! (Sadly.)

Thanks for the compliment, I honestly wasn't expecting much for it. I think your build is a worthy and worthwhile winner, and follows the high standards you have set with previous builds.

Personally I think only my 'berts Genesis stands up to the quality of your usual work. It is my only bike that I have done a back to bare metal refurb on, and the one where I feel my attention to detail was at its highest. It was to be my entry for this BOTM but since the country is over run with patriotic flying of the national colours this year, I thought I'd go with the red white and blue bolx.

Sadly I am occasionally subjected to the xfactor against my will.

Radoslaw":106m9m2t said:
I've gave my vote to another bike than winner but must admit photos don't do justice to your bike Sinnerman. What's happened to beautifull Zinn's quality shots? This ones seems to say "I'm not gonna win anyway, l'll make some blurry, badly lighted photos. Still studio shot but what a difference. But hey, it's bike contest not photography forum on the end of a day.

The Zinn pics, were done in a studio, the Hardisty pics were done by me, with a basic camera in my workshop... :oops: with no experience at all.

My decision to put it into Botm, was a last minute decision by me, when i realised the relevance of the month of August.

but if i had had them done by a pro in a studio, someone would have jumped on that as well, so i couldnt have done right for doing wrong, no matter what i did to be fair.

sinnerman":1eka2u1p said:
but if i had had them done by a pro in a studio, someone would have jumped on that as well, so i couldnt have done right for doing wrong, no matter what i did to be fair.

Cheer up, I don't think any ones jumped on you for anything... its a fun competition, and you are the winner of it, absolutely no need to feel as though you are being got at!

You have a passion, to some extent we all do other wise we wouldn't spend our time tinkering with old bikes. being slightly younger than the JMC heyday I am afraid his legacy is not something that effects me so much, and my Girlfriends observational comment genuinely made me laugh more than anything else.

Still, I think LGF's entry should of won :)

I didn't vote for any of them because the diversity was such I enjoyed all of them from the everyday to the rare beast.

Sometimes we get a bit carried away by it being a competition rather than a celebration that our hobby is keeping these bikes alive and running. There is a lot of personal time, love, attention and pride in all of these bikes and that for me makes them all winners..cheesy I know but I truly did enjoy the thread and I now live in the land of cheese

cheers

Well done to the winners and a great thread a very interesting look at one part of British bike design that I for one knew little about, probably the best use of forum dispute debate Ive seen , history at school was never that engaging any teachers out there take note.

Back