Boschetti Rino - Professional Restoration - For Sale

Re:

Your language was inappropriate and aggressive full stop.

I have no issue with opinion. Maybe you should carefully read your messages back to yourself before you send them.

The bike was built in partnership with my local independent shop. The prices you are 'recommending' are rock bottom and will put independent shops out of business.

This bike is built love, care and attention. From the hand built wheels to the fine details it's been crafted.

I did my best to answer all questions on the forum quickly and politely. You sir lowered the tone and let your presumptions and ego get away with you.

But I am sensing you might still buy it at the right price? What's your bottom line?

Now then! Now then!

It's a very pretty bike, and you've clearly spent time, effort and money bringing it to its current condition. Unfortunately, a reasonable sale price may not fully reflect your expenditure given what else is available on the market.

Most readers of this site would prefer a more original or period-correct build. There's nothing wrong with Aelle, but the cost of your paint job and decals alone would buy a very nice frame made from more exotic steel in its original paint.

The sale price of a complete used bike is generally less than the second-hand value of its parts sold individually. A very unusual, original bike might break that rule.

Re:

Thanks for the feedback Jim, all taken on board.

I believe I am actually in the wrong forum with this as its a vintage frame with 2015/16 components.

I haven't seen any one else selling that kind of build so price is hard to estimate based on comparisons.

I am sure someone will take her eventually

You are entitled to your views as am I - I don't think mine are aggressive or inappropriate, you would appear not to like anyone challenging what you say.

What Jim above is trying to tell you is what we have all been trying to tell you - you are asking a great deal of money for something very basic.

It is a shame you react the way you do.

Re: Re:

matt07930":1g58pjas said:
Thanks for the feedback Jim, all taken on board.

I believe I am actually in the wrong forum with this as its a vintage frame with 2015/16 components.

I haven't seen any one else selling that kind of build so price is hard to estimate based on comparisons.

I am sure someone will take her eventually

Right on - you've hit the nail!

A fair few of us think that a good frame from whatever era deserves equally good components from the same era - to preserve an air of authenticity. The fact is that you'll never be likely to get your outlay back by putting modern bits on a vintage frame because the whole doesn't gel. And when that frame is a plain gauge frame (Aelle was Columbus' entry level tubing), no matter what you spend on paintwork, it is still a plain gauge frame.

I don't think any forum member wants to "put you down" but just to point out the facts of life - I suggest you take a look at this link

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=341158

where the bike on offer is more than double what you are asking but it is a genuine classic - top grade in every detail.

So yes, you're probably trying to sell your bike in the wrong place and I still wish you GLWS

colnagolover

Re:

Just trying to do something different and creative.

If you get the chance to ride a set up like this I recommend it. It's a joy.

People don't like change, but then no one liked team sky at first.

Wish you all good miles this weekend.

Re:

Actually. not everybody minds modern gear on an old frame, and I don't actually think a bad job has been done here. To decide whether or not it's worth the asking price, though, I'd want to see pictures of the frame prior to restoration, and I'd want to know a bit more about its provenance.

Re:

I also like your bike Matt. I don't profess to be an expert, but it has a lovely visual appeal.I like your open minded approach and I think you should be commended for offering the market something different. Who knows if it will appeal to buyers? The fact that you are offering it can only be good.

Blending an old steel frame with modern kit will perhaps appeal to some. It certainly has a practical ring to it. Not something that I've ever considered, but from my own point of view would be much more preferable and certainly more practical than say a fixed geared single speed bike.

Maybe a dedicated old bike site like this, is not the market place to sell and achieve a reasonable profit. Have you considered placing it in a modern bike showroom and paying the seller a decent sales commission? It has a pleasing visual appeal and speaking as an ex motorcycle dealer, looks most certainly sell bikes, they always have and your bike has nice looks. It is also unique. A one off! So for these reasons I would probably choose your bike over a run of the mill similarly priced modern bike if I was in the market for one.

Kind Regards
Dennis

Guess what? it's still for sale and as I suspected the original poster is a bicycle shop owner (so it WAS built for a quick buck).

Shop full of overpriced second hand plastic bikes in Richmond if anyone wants to look at it.

Back