Boschetti Rino - Professional Restoration - For Sale

Re: Re:

matt07930":1lc4n0lt said:
Hi gents, it's actually not sold. Buyer pulled out. Happy to sell at 1300 if your still keen?

but it only sold on eBay for 1000 i.e. around 850 if the buyer payed with paypal?

Re:

Thanks but this is not an auction site and I can hardly accept that one persons bid is an acceptable valuation of this bike.

I am open to offers as I mentioned. 1300 is more than a fair price considering all brand new components and as new refurbished frame.

Saddle Fizik Arione RRP £99.99, Campagnolo Veloce Groupset RRP £499.99 and Bespoke Wheels RRP £200 = £799.98 of value on those parts alone.

Further questions more than welcome :)

A bit misleading quoting those prices

Who pays RRP for anything? Arione saddle £45.95 Veloce groupset - £299.95, Miche Box Hubs - £58.95, value of a plain gauge tubing steel frame? with cheap unicrown fork - £150?

I suspect you have just built it to make a quick profit and good luck to you.

As far as I can see, he frame is plain gauge Aelle for the main triangle (3 Tubi) and there is no specification for forks, seat or chain stays - could well be gas pipes!!

The group set is one of Campag's lower range - Athena, Croce d'Aune, Chorus and various Record groups all have a much higher rating.

£1300 is over the top for this bike even though it looks to be in good nick - almost too good to be genuine retro ;)

So GLWS....

Re:

Thank you to Jono63 and Colnagolover for your input on the bike and the character assassination.

This is my first attempt at bike restoration and purely undertaken through my love of the road bike. I bought the frame in good faith in a state of disrepair. I can only take the fact it is a Boschetti on good faith and have spent £200 on the paint job and £50 on what I though were the authentic decals.

I had the frame professionally realigned to take the current era components to combine a classic steel ride with reliable and enjoyable functionality of the latest tech.

I have made I bike I would love to ride as a hobby outside of my day job (where I earn a regular profit). The value I have placed here is what I genuine thought it would be worth as a brand new, 1 off custom build. I wont be feeding my kids off selling one of these every two months!

This is my first experience of Retro bike forum, I don't like being made to look like a fraud and receive aggressive tit for tat like 'good luck with the sale!' from strangers. I have no reason to believe you can confirm the authenticity any more than I can.

But one things for sure, its a damn pretty bike, its rides like newbie and I will be happy to keep it.

I am not particularly bothered about what you do or don't like and I am not suggesting that your frame is not a Boschetti,(merely that it is a low grade tubeset) but I find your claim about the value of the parts rather disingenuous and as it is a forum I feel I am entitled to make comment if it is appropriate to do so.

Using emotive language in your posts doesn't help your argument.

Good day to you.

Re:

By emotive language do you mean...

'I suspect you have just built it to make a quick profit and good luck to you.'

Dont worry for me Sir, I wont be posting any more bikes for sale here based on this experience.

I can't really see how using insults helps your argument either, but I can tell you I would be happy to tell you to your face that I am entitled to my own opinion and to share it on this forum.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make me wrong (or for that matter the other people on this forum who have made posts about your sale).

I have seen many Boschetti bicycles in Northern Italy over the years and was actually interested to know what it was, the fact that you took it all the wrong way was unfortunate to say the least.

You could try advertising it on LFGSS but they will give you a serious flaming if you start quoting RRP at their forumites.

Back