Bontrager Race '91 - Build Thread

I love how BOTM entries often point toward a missed build thread, just finished this. Great build thread and finished build, well done.

I love all build choices but especially the forks painted to match with Bonty crown 😍

=]

I have a package from him in transit now and I completely forgot to ask him if his ferrules would work for our Bontragers prior, doh.
You have a source for Mag21 fork boots?
Hi, I know this is back in 2022 but I like to find out did the yeti stepped ferrules worked for the early Bontrager Race or Race Lite?

Hi, I know this is back in 2022 but I like to find out did the yeti stepped ferrules worked for the early Bontrager Race or Race Lite?
I think Synlos' aren't what you want but instead find 5/3.8mm (or 5/4) ferrules. Jagwire makes them

Well there we go - that's kinda that.
Thanks to those of you who voted for it in BotM - cheers.

I'm done with the Bonty - there's nothing more to do with it - apart from move it on.
As you've all tuned in on this build thread - you are effectively getting first notice - so if you want it talk to me.

I won't be selling the RockShox - but I do have colour-matched Manitou2 legs - probably why I walk funny.
I do have some normal gold Mag21 that I could attach to the Bonty crown.

Anyway - there it is - or not, as the case may be.

Nooooooooooooo……….

Let me know where it goes…….

Provenance is all and I know every step of its journey from the Cannery onwards….

Back