Bontrager Hipster Conversion = Wife get outta jail card

This is definitly something you should have shared with us while this was in progress :( I just hope your wife can appreciate work you have put in this :)

Dare":zt2ddfwi said:
This is definitly something you should have shared with us while this was in progress :( I just hope your wife can appreciate work you have put in this :)

She does. It's was a total custom job. She got to pick everything. It was going to be her commuter bike for her downtown job. She only got to ride it a few times before she switched gigs and needed a a car.

I sorta want to make one of my own. Though the idea I have us a little more mtb and less urban.

Can I play the Devils advocate here? Yes a lot of work has gone into it and clearly a lot of effort and consideration but you've turned a Bontrager Race MTB frame into a shopping bike! That bike is supposed to be ripping singletrack, not parked outside Asda!

haggis":3egm4pua said:
Can I play the Devils advocate here? Yes a lot of work has gone into it and clearly a lot of effort and consideration but you've turned a Bontrager Race MTB frame into a shopping bike! That bike is supposed to be ripping singletrack, not parked outside Asda!

It was in a metal recyclers bin destined for scrap. Probably looks a lot better now than it would melted down into deck nails. It's ripping days are done ... It can enjoy retirement.

haggis":350jnmey said:

Have to agree, I can understand maybe transforming it into a "retro racer" with dirt drops, the 650B conversion with CX tyres and replacement decals, but a Shopper bike????

I had a genuine 'LOL' moment when I saw the shopping basket! Just needs some Trek stickers on it to really p!ss off the purists :D

It just needs one of these to finish it off:

growler-carrier-from-fyxation-1405211211.jpg

Back