Bonavia 531 frame and forks 58cm (SOLD)

Good work Shaun!
What a great story :0) I've only just seen this for sale, and when I saw it was £100, I thought 'bargain', then when the story unfolds, it ends perfectly!
Now we need to help the chap get some proper decals sourced!

Shaun and Mark,

After much deliberation and guilt having put you both in a very difficult position (shooting Father Christmas scenario), I am extremely grateful to accept your very kind offer. It is unusual to find people with such selflessness and moral fortitude.

I have never built my own bike before, but will give it the love and attention it deserves. There is still an outside chance that I may one of get my Fathers own bikes and should that happen, then I will be straight back to you Shaun. The size should be about perfect as I am just under 6 foot and I presume that a quality powder coating will transform the bike into something special (as the maker intended).

I'll post pictures of it's development, although I probably may not be able to get it ready for Eroica.

Thanks for the offer of decals boys. I'll first check in with Ross Allan, who was at Clive's funeral. He is the new torch bearer. Mind you Clive had all the decals, certificates, log book of frame numbers, jigs and equipment in his garage when he died. I don't know what happened to them.

This the latest o the legacy https://bonaviacycles.wordpress.com/

http://www.the5thfloor.co.uk/2013/01/05 ... cycles-sf/

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete

"Why do we give up our hearts to the past" as the Eagles song goes :)

I'm sure Mark will post it to you if you give him your address. Somewhere along the line we can sort out the pennies.

KTF

Shaun

Well, thanks to both Mark and Shaun, I have the frame and I am collecting period running gear.

I'd also like to thank all the other supportive messages and will post the pics when the project is finished. Hopefully this Eroica Britannia will be completed on a Bonavia!

Cheers Pete

I forgot to put pictures of the finished bike so here we go:

Attachments

• Bonavia 1.JPG
    Bonavia 1.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 2.JPG
    Bonavia 2.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 3.JPG
    Bonavia 3.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 4.JPG
    Bonavia 4.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 5.JPG
    Bonavia 5.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 6.JPG
    Bonavia 6.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 8.JPG
    Bonavia 8.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 299
  • Bonavia 9.JPG
    Bonavia 9.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 299
Re:

Not noticed this thread before. What a wonderful outcome! So pleased for you, it looks fantastic!

Also Shaun will be pleased, as he can get the Moser sorted out and built! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Back