Bloody lights thread urgent recommendations

NeilM":3oul5gy5 said:
Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-CREE-XML- ... 3830508%26

I use one of these at this time of year, both on and offroad. Helmet mounting is great for offroad, but the bar mounts are fine on a roadbike.

My son also uses one on his daily commute into Bath.

I used three of these, two on the bike and one on the helmet, last year at Mayhem. :shock:
No doubts the others are putting forward good lights, but for the money, there is nothing better than these. They light the road and trails up like it's daylight

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Pyro Tim":2rsisihq said:
NeilM":2rsisihq said:
Something like this:

I use one of these at this time of year, both on and offroad. Helmet mounting is great for offroad, but the bar mounts are fine on a roadbike.

I used three of these, two on the bike and one on the helmet, last year at Mayhem. :shock:
No doubts the others are putting forward good lights, but for the money, there is nothing better than these. They light the road and trails up like it's daylight

I realised after posting the link that the listing is in China, but there are plenty of UK stockists on ebay and at similar prices.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Tescos sell bike lights - under £10 i think. I have no info about quality though.

Richard

didn't spot that Neil. I got mine from uk stockist, arrived really quick. The only downside to them for me so far, is the velcro to keep the battery attached to the stem is a bit crap. Fine for road use, but not for rocky, rooty downhill without cable ties

NeilM":3gjyr294 said:
Pyro Tim":3gjyr294 said:
NeilM":3gjyr294 said:
Something like this:

I realised after posting the link that the listing is in China, but there are plenty of UK stockists on ebay and at similar prices.

My hubby looked at the reviews of these after I sent him a link and they nearly all said the disadvantages of them is the battery pack is not waterproof and when they run out of power the light just goes off suddenly, he likes a warning especially late at night coming home.

Alison

Alison, there is a green light on the switch which turns red, then flashes as it runs out, so you do get warning. Not had any major issues in the rain, but an old innertube will waterproof it properly. They are fantastic. Why anyone would spend any more than £20 on a light now baffles me

Pyro Tim":3rmmv6yp said:
The only downside to them for me so far, is the velcro to keep the battery attached to the stem is a bit crap. Fine for road use, but not for rocky, rooty downhill without cable ties

I had the same thing, so I repaired the first one and double stitched the others. They have all withstood Mayhem and many other offroad night rides since, with no issues.

I find flashing mode to be very useful when road riding through / past traffic. ;)

NeilM":21hewgqc said:
Pyro Tim":21hewgqc said:
The only downside to them for me so far, is the velcro to keep the battery attached to the stem is a bit crap. Fine for road use, but not for rocky, rooty downhill without cable ties

I had the same thing, so I repaired the first one and double stitched the others. They have all withstood Mayhem and many other offroad night rides since, with no issues.

I find flashing mode to be very useful when road riding through / past traffic. ;)
how many epileptic fits have you caused? Think the flash mode is downright dangerous, and will never use it personally

Pyro Tim":3lijsain said:
Alison, there is a green light on the switch which turns red, then flashes as it runs out, so you do get warning. Not had any major issues in the rain, but an old innertube will waterproof it properly. They are fantastic. Why anyone would spend any more than £20 on a light now baffles me

Because I like to blind small mammals (and MAMILS) :mrgreen:

b8cce333b40f3b586a8f06c1582e9681_zpse36265e6.jpg

No battery pack

£20 Cree lights I'd say are brighter THM. I've lit up the top of the cliffs here in Bournemouth from about half a mile away. The problem is that people coming the other way are blinded. Cars flash if you have them pointing anywhere other than down at your wheel, and walkers, joggers, cyclists are blinded if they come across me on the unlit paths and I lift it for higher vis

Back