biopace - who's still got it!

Like Dr S, we have a Saracen / Specialized combination.

Unlike Dr S, the third Biopace-equipped frame in the clownfish household is not a Pace, but an old sit-up-&-beg Coventry Eagle wearing a natty shade of red oxide and a stylish wicker basket on the front. For some reason my daughter prefers to ride her new-fangled round-cog contraption.

clownfish":1p7qvchr said:
Like Dr S, we have a Saracen / Specialized combination.

Unlike Dr S, the third Biopace-equipped frame in the clownfish household is not a Pace, but an old sit-up-&-beg Coventry Eagle wearing a natty shade of red oxide and a stylish wicker basket on the front. For some reason my daughter prefers to ride her new-fangled round-cog contraption.

Obviously a man of fine judgement and outsanding taste. Pics of the Coventry sir?

Welcome to the forum squire. ;)

I have a 42 tooth biopace ring on my vitus single speed.

Apparently it can be unsettling for people behind me who are watching the chain go up and down when I am really spinning.

I have a large biopace ring in my garage if any one wants it (very heavy :shock: )- gratis of course.

I used to have them BITD and kind of liked it albeit I would prob never go back :roll:

I've got some BioPace on my Rascal... I have to say that I really like them. They did feel a bit weerd though when I first used them again (had them on my Raleigh and my Stumpjumper BITD). Always had round rings on the other bikes.

But somehow I did get the feeling off road spinning became a bit more "easy" :?: Anyhoo, bottom line is I like 'em ;-)

Dr S":2eqk3noh said:
I like them, have them on my PACE, Saracen and on Mrs S's Specialized. Has anyone tried mounting them at 90 deg from normal?

I have a 1990 Marin Bear valley, had it since new, Biopace, HEAVY, but I really like it, always have, fits me great.

I read an article years ago about how Biopace were designed wrong & suggested turning them, convinced me anyway so I did, been like that for years, can't remember if it makes a difference or not!

Just wonder where I read the article, could have been MTBUK early 90s.

Back