• April - Jimi911's 1994 Brodie Sovereign

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • May - wtb_rider's 1992 Mountain Goat WTR in shop team paint

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • June (Aluminium special month) - Pete_mcc's Pace RC100 #241

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • July (Steel special month) - felixdelrio's Yeti Ultimate

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • July (Steel special month) - sinnerman's Dave Yates Vulcan e-stay (tie)

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • August (Titanium special month) - IHateRain's 1991 Merlin Elevator

Votes: 20 15.4%
  • September – (Carbon special month) CCMDoc's 1994 Nuke Proof Carbon Titanium racer

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • October - Raidan73's 1989 Brodie Romax

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • November - mkozaczek's 1991 Bradbury Manitou MBA Test Bike

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • December - Adri.75's 1993 FAT CHANCE Titanium

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some great pictures of some great bikes.

Merlin in first place for me. Second vote had me pulling out what little hair I have left between the Yeti and the Brodie, I flipped a coin in the end.

Re:

rumpfy":1uuy599y said:
Was there ever a more pure and desirable racing mountain bike than a Tomac Ti/Carbon Sig?

This post is in no way meant to offend, it looks like a great bike and the owner should be proud of it.
However, what is pure about a bike with a plastic wheel? That would not last a season.

Like I say, it's not a criticism, just an observation. I hope it's taken as such.

Good luck to all !

Mike

rumpfy":2wxhk0zt said:
Was there ever a more pure and desirable racing mountain bike than a Tomac Ti/Carbon Sig?
+1
However, what is pure about a bike with a plastic wheel? That would not last a season.
I suspect many wheels, whatever the construction/materials didn't last a season. Kevlar is a carbon derivative, not plastic. I accept they failed, and spectacularly, but they were iconic and of the era.

Re:

Jesus Christ Mike.....even without the gentle lead up that's heresy
Akin to questioning the popes faith. :LOL:

You're right in one respect the plastic wheel you fondly refer to wouldn't have lasted a session with an animal like Tomac aboard.
But its a factory race bike.. And the rules are different there longevity/reliability only has to get you two foot past the finish line for it to be considered a success.

Beside a Tomac bike without a D.D wouldn't be credible.

Put that a side, and because your a good egg
I'll grab a fire extinguisher just encase someone tries to burn you at the stake ...."Plastic Wheel" :shock:

Re: Re:

Fear not, I'm sure all attention will soon turn to al when he starts throwing around terms like 'dustbin lid' :LOL:

Retro Spud":cvli4xno said:
Jesus Christ Mike.....even without the gentle lead up that's heresy
Akin to questioning the popes faith. :LOL:

You're right in one respect the plastic wheel you fondly refer to wouldn't have lasted a session with an animal like Tomac aboard.
But its a factory race bike.. And the rules are different there longevity/reliability only has to get you two foot past the finish line for it to be considered a success.

Beside a Tomac bike without a D.D wouldn't be credible.

Put that a side, and because your a good egg
I'll grab a fire extinguisher just encase someone tries to burn you at the stake ...."Plastic Wheel" :shock:

Back