Sold Bigfoot - 1992 - 17" - mostly xtr (sold)

JohnMarin_77

Old School Hero
Hi there

This bike has given me much enjoyment - sourcing it, ambling around towpaths and generally talking about it - it was put (back)together by its original maker - Graham Foot.

Its a pretty early early Bigfoot - serial number on the headtube is 4592

I would rather not just sell it for parts, though I suspect the XTR bits on it might sell better than the actual frame. It has a mix of m900 (shifters, brakes, f/r hubs) and m950 (f/r mech).

Other assortment of bits:

- syncros stem
- original mavic headset
- just visible - nice zero bottom bracket
- ritchey bars
- xlite bar ends
- world force rims (these are really quite rigid / strong)
- early RC35s, these work (as well as they did bitd ... so, 25-30mm travel - and you need to keep an eye on new elastomers)

I have spent quite a bit on it - I bought the frame from @Retro Spud I think - and had it stripped and polished. As you can tell my the tyres its only ever really then been used out with the kids on tow paths.

I am guessing someone here will want to have another go at being more period correct and flog off some of the nicer bits and use the less good things on beater projects.

I'd like to get £650 for it. I am in Bristol and could deliver in about a 50 mile radius. I would package it up but its a faff and you'd need to pay postage and I'd need to find a box which I think bike shops now charge for...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 11.jpg

Last edited:
Back