Bicycle Lights

Beptud":29f4rdpx said:
@ScillySuffolk - You make a good point. ;)

@flimflam_machine - Thanks! Very helpful to get some brainstorming from outsiders, you cracked open some new material for thought. :D

@Spokesmann - Superb shots! Can I use some of these photos for my project? Credit where credit is due!

@S1m0nR - Thanks for the feedback. :) I do think it's possible to embed LEDs into the classic reflectors, with the use of modern tech! ;)

Thanks for helping me out guys!

Please feel free.

Blimey, that chopper has the PIFCO screw it down to get the light to work on-of switch. As well designed as the hindenburg LOL

Shaun

Midlife":1kt8q71c said:
Blimey, that chopper has the PIFCO screw it down to get the light to work on-of switch. As well designed as the hindenburg LOL

Shaun

All the old Pifco one had that type of switch, works well.

If you're going for the ultimate in high-tech then why not go for an automatic system that senses when it's dark enough to require the lights on and then turns the lighting system on when it senses that the wheels are going round.

I guess you could use a similar sensor to that which is used on ABS systems on cars - maybe it could sense spokes passing the forks/seat stay in the same way it senses the notches on a reluctor ring...

It'd be fairly simple to set up ad would give you a 'fit and forget' solution!

@Spokesmann - Thanks!

@S1m0nR - There might be some issues with patents in that area, but definitely worth a look. :)

S1m0nR":25ibdctb said:
then turns the lighting system on when it senses that the wheels are going round.

What happens when you stop at traffic lights and junctions? This is why back-up battery holders were used with hub and rim dynamos.

Back