Bianchi TSX pro frame details required

Retro Dan

Devout Dirtbag
Hi Guys,
Hoping that some of the members can figure out some details on a frame I`ve just picked up. Its a mid `90`s Bianchi TSX Ultralight, ex pro bike with well used race number lug. Fitted with a shimano headset and rather ugly Look carbon forks which I thought would be replacements for the chrome TSX ones, but small laquered on Bianchi sticker makes question that? Can`t figure out the frame number - its very faintly struck, maybe 600000 or 000009 or just 0000000 at a guess, depending on which way up you look at it.

Anyway, can anyone shed any light on the frame? I know that Cipollini used TSX up to the mid `94 season and the Gatorade team used them as well - there are no team stickers on the bike so if anyone has any ideas who might have ridden it that would be great.

Frame wise, condition is excellent, also suprisingly light (feels like I could dent/squash the tubing if I grabbed it hard) and has soem ovalisation of the tubing thats similar to a later Megapro?

Plan is to fit it out with Campag super record 9 speed titanium and Delta brakes, campag hubs and tubs.

Thanks, Dan.

bianchi-1.JPG

bianchi-2.JPG

bianchi-3.JPG

bianchi-4.JPG

bianchi-5.JPG

bianchi-6.JPG

bianchi-7.JPG

Thought there was a forum member who was really into his TSX Bianchi`s? Might be wrong or just the passage of time...

Back