Best UK wheel builders?

Mark Swinnerton of Swinnerton Cycles, Cannock Chase.

Mark recently built my Campag Alfa XL [370g] rims with DT Revolution spokes onto M732 XT hubs.

Even though they are super light they have stayed 100% true despite some serious abuse.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Get some older wheels and practice building your own. It is not a black art, just requires a bit of time to get the technique. Home built wheels are the most satisfying bit of spannering you can do.

Stif in Leeds.

I've a pair of their disc wheels that are still going strong after 8 years of abuse on a fully rigid Pace (roots, rocks, black graded MTB centre trails etc several times a week) and then on assorted hard-tails.
Apart from 3 fatigued spoke heads (too many side hops around bends or up curbs) they are still true. On their second ride, I hit a rock so hard that I folded the rim bead over so far I had to use pliers to open it to extract the tire bead. But they didn't taco.
I've used Kendells in Castleford a good few times too.
And done my own, which still run true (and save money).

Hewwits in leyland lancashire

Hewits :cool:

The only time i got someone else to build me some wheels, they were utter kack.

Hewits builds very good wheels and will have a bash at most requests as long as there strong enough.

Ian Warren at The cycle centre Penzance is a fine wheel builder.

The only guy that has built my wheels for me for fifteen years! Trust him with my life.

Al.

Back