Best multitool /mini pump.

Hotwheels.

Old School Grand Master
I don't trust the likes of Which? over you rabble, so what is the most bestest multi tool and mini pump to carry on rides?
Been looking and the ToPeak Alien tool, any other ideas?

The Alien is great, but really hefty, I always carry a Lezyne hex key set (with phillips and torx T25) and on longer rides I take half of the Alien as well so I have a chain tool. From experience nearly all of those short mini pumps are a real faff to use and exceptionally hard work to get anything like a decent amount of pressure in the tyres, the Lezyne one mentioned above is half decent though. I use a Zefal HPX frame pump, it's long, retro, and works.

I didn't get on with cheap pumps, they often didn't even work satisfactorily once.
I bought a, just get it out of my pocket, TopPeak Race Master Bater.
Has a screw on tube, does Shreader and the thin valves, it's been in my pocket
constantly for about five years. So it's carryable and it's my only pump so it works OK.
The only thing is as an everyday pump it's pain, it's so small, but that's a small price to pay
for something that is always with me.
I would have gone for the Lezyne pump, but this came up on ebay at the right price.
Like This.
The rubber chucks in the cheap pumps were no good. So when I saw that you could buy spare
rubbers for the expensive pump chucks, it seemed a chuck was a bad idea, better to get a screw
on type?

Re:

Small but powerful and very trusty Lezyne Pressure Drive with its own strap/frame mount. Stuffed into an Ortileb Micro saddle bag is a Superstar Bones Multitool (nice shiny orange thing), a roll of Gorilla Tape plus craft knife, and an original Cool Tool from the early 90s.

Pump anything lezyne

Tool crank brothers 19 multi tool.

Also have an alien but too bulky.

Back