Best cranks in 1994?

I can't really comment on what's best, but I've a team RTS that i have built in various ways, mostly non period correct. Over this time I've amassed a few cranks I've toyed with using on the build, but ones from around the 94 period I've kept include:

Race Face next lp with the carbon inserts
Middleburn rs3
Xc pro
Caramba sidewinder
Roox xc (same as wra with the cool cut out on the arm)
Syncros forged

Are you looking to add any colour with the cranks?

Older Cooks look great i have to say, but i think it depends on what you plan for the rest of the build and how the cranks sit with them. I'm caught in two minds on whether to modernise my team further from the current m952, or stick with it and fit one of the above cranks.

ishaw":1mkx7rn5 said:
I can't really comment on what's best, but I've a team RTS that i have built in various ways, mostly non period correct. Over this time I've amassed a few cranks I've toyed with using on the build, but ones from around the 94 period I've kept include:

Race Face next lp with the carbon inserts
Middleburn rs3
Xc pro
Caramba sidewinder
Roox xc (same as wra with the cool cut out on the arm)
Syncros forged

Are you looking to add any colour with the cranks?

Older Cooks look great i have to say, but i think it depends on what you plan for the rest of the build and how the cranks sit with them. I'm caught in two minds on whether to modernise my team further from the current m952, or stick with it and fit one of the above cranks.

I am using a fair bit of purple in the build as it is a purple RTS 3 frame, but don't want to overdo it. :shock: Because of this I'm thinking stick to silver to match stem, seatpost, hubs etc. This narrows things a bit, but it's always possible to add a touch more colour with extractor bolts or chainrings. Middleburn still appeal but I may look to swap my later RS7 for some RS3....

Re:

1994, Race Face Turbine LP,
New to the market and not that skinny old fashioned looking stuff like toplines/cooks etc.

Not to be confused with later revisions.

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":1ho9qnfe said:
But the 'coolest' were STX with the Pace spider adapter. (I had those, so it must be true :D )

QFTW! Super cool and something daft like only 20g heavier than that years XTR's

BarneyRubble":2lx9jgp0 said:
Hotwheels.":2lx9jgp0 said:
The 1994 only Flight Control Cucamonga, scary and cool in equal measure.

Did they break?

Never known them to break...finding a set is a bigger problem, although I might know a man with a set for sale. ;)

Back