Benelux Cyclo question.

Jiveman60

Dirt Disciple
Any idea what cable I can use in a Benelux shifter? I looks like a miniature version of a MTB brake cable nipple.

Thanks

Double-ended gear cables. Not always easy to find but they have a standard (eg Campagnolo type) in-line barrel nipple at one end and a cross fit barrel (as in SA twist grip type) at the other.
Such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261341973279

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Double-ended gear cables. Not always easy to find but they have a standard (eg Campagnolo type) in-line barrel nipple at one end and a cross fit barrel (as in SA twist grip type) at the other.
Such as https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261341973279
For the money I'll try a few options. I got the four speed fitted. It was a total Krypton factor moment, until I realized that my mech had been rebuilt arse about face. So just the cable to fit now, so thanks for your help.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For the money I'll try a few options. I got the four speed fitted. It was a total Krypton factor moment, until I realized that my mech had been rebuilt arse about face. So just the cable to fit now, so thanks for your help.
Trip to Halfords £1.99 and stainless steel.. plus a couple of minutes with a file or you could grow a Hipster Beard waiting for one to turn up from Oz .🙃

Done. Literally minutes of filing and in it popped. Just a little re spacing of the freewheel and she'll be working a treat.

Next on the list is metal reducer ferrules, as you can see modern ones don't seat against the old style guides.

Attachments

• cyclo 4 speed.jpg
    cyclo 4 speed.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 9
  • emblem resto.jpg
    emblem resto.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 9
Back