Being sent badly/wrongly described parts from retrobike

Darcus

Retro Guru
What you do? I was looking for a u-brake, i found a few that seemed expensive, then I found a job lot which included a u brake which was a good deal. I received the parts a few weeks ago they are all very nice BUT the ONLY thing I really wanted is incomplete (the u brake) and seems to be a mixture of incorrect bits. I'm annoyed and my new project is waiting. What do you do? its my first and only retrobike purchase, it has gone wrong and I'm really put off now.
Message sent to seller, now waiting a reply.

Same as any secondhand purchase, its best to check condition and if its all there.

You have already contacted seller so hopefully it will be resolved.

mk one said:
Same as any secondhand purchase, its best to check condition and if its all there.

You have already contacted seller so hopefully it will be resolved.

Sure. Looking at the original photos, they were a bit misleading and assumed working and complete means exactly that.
I hope to get a reply.

Re:

It all depends how it was advertised and the price paid in my opinion.

If it’s a job lot of stuff someone is clearing out cheap then you have got to accept the parts might not be perfect. Did you ask for specific info regarding that one item or some extra pics?

Re:

If the U brake was described as 'working and complete' in the For Sale listing, and it's not working and complete, then the buyer has a legal right to their money back. If the purchase was just on the basis of what was in a photo, and what was in the photo has been supplied, there's no leg to stand on. Caveat emptor. If the photo was poor quality, the same still applies. Consumer rights when buying from a private seller are much reduced and not much more than that the goods must be as described. If there's little or no description, the purchase is especially risky and dodgy sellers on eBay, etc, will deliberately keep the description minimal.

I have a nearly complete u brake, what model is it & what bits are you missing?

I've sent the reply already to you mate, no need to be worried, we'll get it right ASAP, just let me know what parts are missing from the set exactly, please!

Cheers,
Endre

Back