Been invited onto local radio . . .

Re:

I'm sure it will be a classic radio moment !! ;)
Intersting for you though being on both sides of the debate! good luck though hope it goes well :)

Mick

Re:

I was time trialling it (ha ha ha ha I flippin wish) along a dual carriageway yesterday with the usual number of cars trying to remove some of my bar tape, when a lorry from LW Gready and Sons, coal merchant, passed me, giving me the required 1.5m, he then returned to the inside lane. This has happened once or twice before with different trucks and I always make a point of contacting the firm to thank them... yes yes I know I should not have to but positive reinforcement and all that. Turns out Gready are old tech and don't have e-mail, so I will pop in on my way home from work.

I have long since stopped taking too much notice of close passes. As a high mileage business driver I see all sorts of nonsense all day (as you do Mike) and know that there are just a lot of very angry people in cars looking to take their frustrations in life out on their fellow man, but from the safety of a little tin box. Old men and young women are the scariest by far.

I did a BBC Radio Scotland interview a good few years ago. We had to drive out to a site where my company were proposing to do some work, this was about 20 minutes drive from my hotel and we had to meet up with a guy from the local authority who then came back to my hotel where we had a meeting over breakfast. I asked the guy from BBC Scotland why we couldn't have just done the whole thing in the hotel car park... he gave me a little smile and said "because this is the BBC", jumped back in his radio car and left.

Re:

Just had a quick listen and oh dear, all the usual 'cyclist jump red lights' (which of course cars ands lorries NEVER do), 'they shouldn't squeeze past me when I'm stuck in traffic' comments, I'll bet there's a 'they don't pay road tax' in there if I had the time to listen.

Re:

I had my answers to those issues Neil, just wish they had given me time to put them on air!

Back