Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
. .

Tomorrow. Radio Sussex.

Speaking as a lorry driver, regarding the close pass initiative, and cyclists! :shock:

What could possibly go wrong! ;) :LOL:

Hope I don't make a tit of myself. More than normal that is! Thought I'd add that before you lot do! :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

What's the close pass initiative?
You get more points the closer you get without killing them?

Really they should be passing far away from the cyclist ?

Re:

They passed a law here in California last year requiring motorists to give 3 feet of clearance when passing cyclists on the road. I have noticed that about 70% of the cars that pass me adhere to the law-the rest still come pretty close passing me-that's what makes riding a MTB in the woods so cool-no cars...

Re: Re:

FairfaxPat":eodnndjx said:
They passed a law here in California last year requiring motorists to give 3 feet of clearance when passing cyclists on the road. I have noticed that about 70% of the cars that pass me adhere to the law-the rest still come pretty close passing me-that's what makes riding a MTB in the woods so cool-no cars...

I'm with you there, Pat!

Did 3 hrs off road last night, it was great! Turning more and more to mtb-ing. Until the weather breaks, that is! :LOL:

Is that something you pushed for or did they just randomly pick any old lorry driver, sorry for the phrase :)

And i could be worse, it could have been Radio Norwich, knowing me knowing you, ahaaaa, sorry, watched that the other night :LOL:

Re:

I had a very close pass just this afternoon. I saw the guy had pulled up and parked a couple hundred yards further up the road; I was sorely tempted to stick a foot out a de-wing mirror him. :x

mkone":knx35mig said:
Is that something you pushed for or did they just randomly pick any old lorry driver, sorry for the phrase :)

And i could be worse, it could have been Radio Norwich, knowing me knowing you, ahaaaa, sorry, watched that the other night :LOL:

I've spoken before on that station regarding lorries vs cars vs bikes. They called me this afternoon asking if I wanted to give a truck drivers perspective.

xerxes":knx35mig said:
I had a very close pass just this afternoon. I saw the guy had pulled up and parked a couple hundred yards further up the road; I was sorely tempted to stick a foot out a de-wing mirror him. :x

I had a close one on the way to work this morning. An artic driver HAD to overtake me, then HAD to get back over before a traffic island. I braked, as I could see the back of his lorry would have been close to me. He stopped at a depot 200m up the road. I didn't confront him. I never do any more. You never know what people have in their vehicles.

Mike

Mike Muz 67":1h6jzxpq said:
mkone":1h6jzxpq said:

I've spoken before on that station regarding lorries vs cars vs bikes. They called me this afternoon asking if I wanted to give a truck drivers perspective.

xerxes":1h6jzxpq said:

I had a close one on the way to work this morning. An artic driver HAD to overtake me, then HAD to get back over before a traffic island. I braked, as I could see the back of his lorry would have been close to me. He stopped at a depot 200m up the road. I didn't confront him. I never do any more. You never know what people have in their vehicles.

Mike

You do if it's a ginsters lorry.

Evening all.

Re:

Do worry they pull out out in front of cars too, time cost money as does accelerating if they have to slow down in lorry land !

Had a few cyclist die here recently, more on the road in the good weather and sun makes seeing things difficult in cars at least.
At least one was a lorry.
My rule is don't mess with them, stay behind if at a junction and there is no advanced area in front.
They are big.

Latest posts

Back