Bedgely August 6th - Who's coming and what ya bringing

Looks like a good meet - shame we couldn't make it as the Bonty's still in pieces and we have no bike rack yet! Definitely have to try and make the next SE meeting if we can though...

The tandem must enter the bike of the month competition . just for its braking system alone .

Wait till you see Hilts pictures . One of them is worth the wait .

Let say he had an unexpected gear change with unexpected consequences . :roll:

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in responding but have been moving house over that last two days so no internet yet ...

My adventure into the bushes should be ready for display tomorrow..

Great day, thoroughly exhausted by the end of the second lap but went home with a big grin on my face. Will definitely check out bewl water and let you know what it's like as it just around the corner from my new pad (as is bedgebury)..

Big respect to Woody (kestonian) for bringing his wife, little girl and dog to meet a bunch of strangers assembled from the internet !!

Sounds like quite a good meet. Shame its miles away from me. Maybe somewhere around Woburn could be a middle ground type of place.

Nice pics Sylvain too, I can never be arsed.
Looks like about a 15th sec with flash and quite a large aperture to slightly underexpose the trees?
What camera did you use?

Thanks, I have a Canon G5. I was using a slower shutter speed, about 1/50th with flash to give the notion of movement, it's just hard to get it right with only one try, plus I had only a few seconds to get it all ready before the guys were riding past. Plus the flash has only three settings and there's a lot of difference between each, and also the autofocus is dead slow in the dark. In the end after having missed too many pics I just used manual focus.

I was at an evening road race the other night which was good as the lap is only 2" long so give plenty of times to practice.

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stokswm5.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smattyi4.jpg

Back