Be HONEST older Retro riders - Who is taking MAHOOSIVE air ?

50 next year off to the alps again this summer on our annual trip just finished building my downhill bike 190mm travel should know better by now but just love the speeds you can get up to adrenalin is a dangerous thing

bolly":26d10rvq said:
50 next year off to the alps again this summer on our annual trip just finished building my downhill bike 190mm travel should know better by now but just love the speeds you can get up to adrenalin is a dangerous thing
Where are you going?

Re:

Just turned 49..so big 50 next year..Injuries take more time to repair..suffering with tennis elbow at the moment..still ride to work and ride on days off{paths/lanes/roads..bit of single track}

"Hats off" to those who do :shock:

Got mates still playing football at 40+..then they complain about knees/cartilages etc :roll:

Ernie :D

Got big air once a few years back by accident at Glentress, unfortunately as I dont have a pilots licence I went into panic mode and my landing resulted in a big accident. Hospital in an Ambulance with multi bust collar bone. Nope if my wheels leave the deck I'm doing something wrong.

bolly":3hdxgit5 said:

Good to know there are still a few half centenarians carrying the torch of wild abandon :cool: Used to ride around a skate park in the late 70s in Gospel Oak Camden and take massive air on a 1930s contraption. Kids regularly ended up in A&E but it was all part of the fun. Alas arthritis and our everlasting winters tends to put a big dampner on your enthusiasm to go crazy.

Re:

off to mayrhofen in june and morzine in july bike just needs tweaking tried to attach a couple of pictures hope it works its almost retro

Attachments

• Photo on 23-03-2016 at 18.23.jpg
    Photo on 23-03-2016 at 18.23.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 406
  • Photo on 23-03-2016 at 18.22.jpg
    Photo on 23-03-2016 at 18.22.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 406
Oooh, nice bike. We probably won't see each other, then, I'll be working at the downhill park in Les Saisies, which is about an hour and a half away from Morzine.

You never know we've a week in morzine but 3 of us are driving out a few days early for some extra riding might end up in your area you can't miss the bike not many like that around not sure but think there was only about 40 made and it's a bit on the bright side!!

Just googled where your working sounds good wish I could manage a season out there very jealous !! We were talking of having a few days in bourg Saint Maurice I've never been there before but one of the lads going has and that's not far from you

Latest posts

Back