Bargain GT in Southampton

hmmmmmmm. mayyybe. depends whether seller had said "I accept yr offer, it's sold to you provided you complete within xx days" or whether he'd said "I'll hold it until a better offer comes, at which point I'll let you know".

Contractually, the purchase is not made until.....

Caveat: At the end of the day, if you dont like the face that stares back at you from yr bathroom mirror then you need to take yourself for a good hard head wobble. That is my bottom line.
If pick up has been arranged in my eyes a done deal. Your view is of course your view. We're all different.

If pick up has been arranged in my eyes a done deal. Your view is of course your view. We're all different.
I can accept that regime, provided it's clear between both parties. Vendor was transparent enough to txt back on a Tuesday to state that price had changed (implicit assumption that he'd had a better offer).

I suppose there is an argument that a sale isn’t a sale until the money has changed hands but I’m an old fashioned chap and I wouldn’t renege on a price once someone has agreed to collect.

I have an issue with the people who get in touch with sellers and tell them that they’re not charging enough despite having no interest in purchasing. This is in no small part responsible for the ridiculous prices some people think that their old bikes are worth.

Too many people have overpaid recently and there is a correction coming to the second hand and retro market, just as there is with new bicycle sales. A lot of people are going to be left with old bikes/parts they can’t sell.

I 1st messaged said seller i'd take it ( ar stated £20)...to which the they said can you collect friday and gave me postcode. Said cant make friday pm as have a funeral to attend. They said thats ok im about sat am. said yes thats fine. Next a long pause and then off sell. Msg back asking if still ok to collect sat as ad gone,was told want more money..said how much...reply £80...then cuts off the chat.

I 1st messaged said seller i'd take it ( ar stated £20)...to which the they said can you collect friday and gave me postcode. Said cant make friday pm as have a funeral to attend. They said thats ok im about sat am. said yes thats fine. Next a long pause and then off sell. Msg back asking if still ok to collect sat as ad gone,was told want more money..said how much...reply £80...then cuts off the chat.

That's Farcebook Marketplace for you, maybe someone said they'd collect that day, or the next, so the seller went with that, who knows?....
I listed our 8 year old TV & soundbar last week for a nominal £20 (figured if I got enough for a few beers I'd be happy), soundbar alone was worth more..... 60+ messages, offers of £10 🙄, asking if I could deliver it?! People saying they could collect after 10pm that day!! people saying they'd message & collect the next day... Lots of messages, lots of no further replies, excuses "I forgot, I had to work late etc" , in the end I took the lot to the local Re-Use shop at the council run recycling centre today, for free. It kind of makes you lose the will to live, and any hope in the human race tbh. I'm just glad I don't give my address out unless I'm pretty certain the buyer is genuine.

Back