bargain flite alert! or should that be idiot alert?

Ok as a project but im not sure i'd want to rely on them
Bit of a sensitive area for broken bits or wayward rails to be poking about
:shock:

I think we've all pressed buy without reading properly,little hearts beating fast and loud only to find you have bought a broken bit...AGAIN.

I've got 2 new saddles without rails :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that i bought thinking -OOO bargain
Didnt think to see it they were the railed type and not the cheapo clamp type

Or that bloody amp fork,that i just had to have ,only to discover its missing 50% of it :roll: :LOL:

Dont sweat it ;)

JeRkY":39s10yrl said:
Hmm. Home made saddle rails. Not sure I am all over that idea, the last thing I would want a blue peter job done on is the part that keeps me from being skewered by a cnc'd seat post.

dont worry, i'll use a cheap post.

just kidding. i quite like the idea of home brewed rails, if done by someone who knows what they are doing.

will probably follow scants advice and look for a battered flite and do some swapping

Hey, no worry guys, I've got a spare rail! Let me just...pull,it.........out..of..my.....arse!!

Sorry. But was wondering, snapped a rail on a turbo, and it was soild. Are all rails solid or some hollow, as I ass,umed......

(forgive me, It's the wine talking)

dyna-ti":hx9es06r said:
I think we've all pressed buy without reading properly,little hearts beating fast and loud only to find you have bought a broken bit...AGAIN.

yup i recently bought these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0304686081 without 1st checking the description, just wondering if you can get the inserts for the pedals.
been looking about but not had any luck, mite have to take em to my LBS who are truvativ dealers and see if they can help :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
AREPO":241vwppx said:
Hey, no worry guys, I've got a spare rail! Let me just...pull,it.........out..of..my.....arse!!

Sorry. But was wondering, snapped a rail on a turbo, and it was soild. Are all rails solid or some hollow, as I ass,umed......

(forgive me, It's the wine talking)
i have definately seen some hollow cromo railed saddles but not sure about titanium

well it arrived today and its in pretty good shape up top. does anyone know how to get the rails out!

are they one piece or 2 seperate rails?

it looks like they just pop put but dont want to damage anything further.

pretty sure they will just pull out once youve manipulated the hull , they will be joined by the nose

the slr uses hollow ti rails

hmm , how many snapped ti rails is there on this thread alone , 2 ? cant say ive ever heard of a chromo rail snapping , just bending after a heavy crash . funny how its only xc and road seats that use ti and the ones made for some abuse use chromo

if you want id swap it for a xlite pss ti with light blue kevlar covering , scuffed on the right corner

That listing clearly states ti rails - I reckon you could do him... :LOL:

And I think you could make a profit on the girder cranks by weighing them in as scrap :twisted:

Sorry - I'm just feeling better about buying the square taper carbon cranks with the obscure 58, 94BCD and 5 arms. Not that obscure granted, but I have rings & BBs for every other size & shape but these, so wasn't expecting any further expense...
:oops: :cry:

yes the cranks are quite weighty but then they will be going on a SS (eventually) i was just after a cheap set of cranks they were cheap i just didnt read the listing 1st lol :oops:

regarding the cranks . you want to take them along to a friendly engineer who will be able to make you an insert . it looks like the arm is theaded ? you need a guy who will lathe you a top hat style piece . internal thread is easy , pedal taps are common . only slight problem would be the external to match the crank and finding the correct die

whats betting the guy removed his pedal and the insert came with as he didnt use loctite so they fused together , put it in a vice and ruined the thread

Back