Bar ends with flat bar or no bar ends???

Re: Re:

2manyoranges":b7ziaz5z said:
bar ends?

2020 ….why on earth would you have bar ends on 780mm wide RISER bars
Getting the bars between trees on single track is hard enough without bar ends to catch on everything...and what is all this about cycling distance? It's about jumping isn't it? Bikes look utterly stupid with bar ends.

1991 ...bar ends are just excellent on my 500mm wide FLAT bars. They are great for relieving hand position when I am doing 60 miles cross-country in a day. I can shift hand positions to push myself back to relieve back strain, drop forward into a tuck on the smooth downhills. I can haul on them and get my weight forward on climbs. Bikes look utterly cool with bar ends.

There you go....

That's a very good summary of the differences over time. Since I went all modern, I tried that Leeds Bike Park that MBUK gave rave reviews to. Its tiny and entirely jump-focused. I don't mind a swoopy bermy track but something that I have to brake every 30 yards to avoid being flung off the bike is no good to likes of me.
Same with Guisboruough Woods. Having muddled down a few of the trails there I was left thinking "Is this IT now? A short bit of barely ridable path and then climb back round and up to do it again?"
I'd go back to riding footpaths over the moors if the damn e-bike wasn't so heavy to lift over stiles.

If your after lots of hand positions, these are good, for sale too if interested;)

Attachments

• F19287B1-424D-4A9B-9897-D0A672458654.jpeg
    F19287B1-424D-4A9B-9897-D0A672458654.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 69
I chopped some off some X-Lite bar ends so they weren't as big as Skis and longer than stubbies, they are just right.
Current set up seems to be helping my wrists.

Back