Bar ends with flat bar or no bar ends???

Like jimo746 says above, its down to your personal taste/fit.

I have risers on some of my retro bikes and ran them on some of my bikes back in the '90's too. I also have bikes with flat bars, and if they are narrow i prefer to use bar ends to give more room to move hands about. Also if you climb a lot bar ends make it so much nicer.

I have been through all widths of bars, from 500 to 800, and now use the ones that put my shoulders and hands in their most comfortable riding position.

Re:

Thinking about it, risers could look alright on a '94 Kona, maybe one of the few brands from that era that they would look OK on Tbh.
Maybe some Kona branded ones (probably from a couple of years later), or X-Lite X-country bars, all the older riser bars should still have a 25.4mm bar clamp too.

Re:

hmmm.....that's a good call....I remember the riser-bar-on-a-Kona outbreak. And Orange brought out its own riser bar too ... usually black anodised and certainly weeny clamp size. I've got one somewhere....but....def no bar ends on those. Oh no, No way.....

Re: Re:

jimo746":1konlbkw said:
Only thing I avoid is bar ends on Riser bars, it's like the Mtb equivalent of socks with sandals :facepalm:

Have you ever worn socks and sandals?

Very comfy in the right weather conditions. 's'all I'm sayin'........

:LOL:

I like the X-Lite xc risers, have them on a couple of bikes. Perfect width and not too much of a rise.

Also i find a shoter stem helps with the aesthetics of the bike when using risers.

Riserbar and barends, the combo of the rookie biker in the late 90's ; ) "Have you ever worn socks and sandals". Bar ends with flat bar or no bar ends???. firedfromthecircus 2020. P.2.

Spot on!

Riserbar on Kilauea, no!
barends, why not? I like X-lite, have your seen Fat Bottom Titanium Barends? Think that they were sold around 1995.

I must be a "rookie biker in the late 90's." But with 25+ years of experience as a "rookie biker", I've found what works for this particular bike. I love how it climbs when I'm on the ends, and my hands enjoy the options on longer rides.

The ends have been on the bike since 94. I shortened them when I added the risers in the late 90s. Thinking of painting them black.

Attachments

• barsnrisers.jpg
    barsnrisers.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 166
Never worn sandals or flip flops in my life. :LOL:

I have wrist problems and they go very numb unless keep changing position from grips to bar ends.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with.
Who's going to see at the moment anyway ;)

Risers and a short stem helps.

Re:

just fit drops and be done. Great for up hill, down hill, going over the top of, clambering back on....what more could anyone ask for?

except a pair of spd sandals of course

Back