.. Banesto Pinarello Oria ML34 - here it is...

..did you ever seen a 3ttt Titanium stem - for my opinion it's the absolute - I gave a quill grammo plus some money for one
for my ONCE LOOK KG 171, I need it to build up a Replica of Jaja's famoust ONCE bike of 1995.

nomally Indurain prefer TIME pedals with Sidi Techno shoes i.e.TIME Criterium - I found some "special Edition 5wins" (TIME produced them after Induraind had won his 5th TdF) some years ago - they are Chrome polished with
red.

here I had Indurains bike of his 1st TdF win. In 1991 he rode a personalized TVT92 with a C-Record and Deltas. This bike is at Indurains home
It is an single piece, there has been this one only. Really nice bike in front of Indurains house

This also equiped with an ITM 400. Before finding the Oria one I had a plan to make a copy of it, I found a TVT92
and I intent to change the Team Z livery into a Banesto TVT92. At the end I build up the TVT92 as a Team Z.
A pic of this bike has been here in the TVT92 thread.

Attachments

• TVT_Banesto.jpg
    TVT_Banesto.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 3,838
Stems: The ITM Krystal Titanium Stem (pictured) is another good option, though I fitted one from Litespeed which I had at the time. I did consider building up my Oria ML34 Pinarello Banesto NOS frame as a Miguel-Indurain look-a-like, but in the end I opted to go a different route, "modern" complimentary components that were lighter than the 8 spd Record of the time:

Centaur 2010 10 speed groupset (all silver alloy) but with Record Titanium brakes (more in keeping than the new skeleton design), Selcof Titanium post to match the Ti stem, silver Deda 215 shallow drop bars, Ti bottle holder and Banesto bottle, Ti pedals, Ambrosio tubular rims built with silver spokes and FRM hubs, record titanium brakes and Selle gel flite saddle. Total weight is c18lb and it rides beautifully. Oria ML34 is very similar in ride to Columbus EL OS, but with the attractive smaller diameter tubes.

I look forward to seeing the Big Mig spec too!

Attachments

• P1080868b.JPG
    P1080868b.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 3,807
  • stem2.jpg
    stem2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3,807
Some extra pics

Attachments

• P1080873a.JPG
    P1080873a.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 3,803
  • P1080878a.JPG
    P1080878a.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,802
  • P1080881a.JPG
    P1080881a.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 3,803
gridno if i were mig i would get a decent chain in concrete and a good padlock before some one nicks it !nice pic.

fourth grace, nice but the grammo for me because its more complicated,flat on the side,curved top,angular underside,and the fact that i have only recently bought it .
great post :D

I am a fan of the grammo too, and have an 'art' grammo stem on my Stephen Roche steel bike.

The spec of the Pinarello Banesto team frame when sold as a complete bike in 1993 was a Cinelli XA.

hi yeah ,the stem fetish continues, the grammo seems a kind of 'designer draughtmans' challenge. it has been really thought out , [did they choose tinanium because the shape could be fabricated more easily compared to chromolly ?] the kristal itm titanium looks a bit deeper at the weld /stem point than the eclipse, am i right ? . the grammo art decor to me will only work with the correct paint job because its so loud! i recently saw for sale a cheap peugeot oblong/tapered q'stem [i guess for a tourer ?] the rider sees the lion!a plastic badge in the rear box section, i loved it !on the right bike i suppose i quite like the 3ts mutant but i guess by then the A head invasion had become established[shame]

Re:

... ups - I have forgotten to post a pic of the finalized Project here
here it is to finish the thread :mrgreen: ...

Attachments

• Banesto_Pinarello OriaML34.jpg
    Banesto_Pinarello OriaML34.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 2,488

Latest posts

Back