Band on cable stops

Midlife":1bfvj70h said:
Shouldn't slip down the frame as most frames for band on shifters had some sort of "stop" brazed on.

Shaun
Indeed. Just a reminder in case the OP didn't know.
As a by-the-way, I always thought the example you show to be ugly. The under down tube , central spearpoint versions were much nicer and less visible

Re:

Tip. if the frame has no pip underneath or on top the stop the shifters sliding down the tube even when tighened up i use clear silicone selant it allow it more grip .I had this issue on my Hetchins and it worked a treat

Re:

bagpuss":17kpn8je said:
Tip. if the frame has no pip underneath or on top the stop the shifters sliding down the tube even when tighened up i use clear silicone selant it allow it more grip .I had this issue on my Hetchins and it worked a treat

Always put a turn of insulating tape under the bands to protect the paint from crushing and to stop the dreaded slide...

mMDF_Z8YN1zWyl256vbfzKQ.jpg

Is the above some strange Campag thing to protect the frame from the band on or am I mistaken again?

Shaun

Absolutely correct Shaun I had one on my paramount between the band on down tube shifters and the Frame haven't seen one in years though

Back