Argos - found via this forum - 63 mile shakedown

bigfella9852

Retro Newbie
Spotted it in the "eBay & Marketplace Watch" section and couldn't resist.

Fitted new tyres and pads, ultrasonically cleaned the drivetrain and waxed the chain.

Did a 63 mile group ride today and kept up with other riders on fancy carbon bikes, the Argos performed faultlessly and was incredibly smooth and silent.

Unfortunately it picked up a battle scar from when a stone pinged out from another rider's tyre so now I need to match the paint somehow to touch it up.

1000011832.jpg

1000011780.jpg

1000011788.jpg

1000011753.jpg

1000011782.jpg

Argos are still going strong here in Bristol and will probably have records of the paint. Give them a ring!
Thanks, I was literally just looking them up - I will give them a call in the morning and will also ask for a bit of background on the bike. Although I think it dates from the late 80s but am hopeful they will still have some records.

I am concerned that the fork might have a slight dent on it now but it might just be me being picky, I suspect the metal wall thickness will be fairly substantial that close to the end.

Argos is run by blokes in shop coats. They'll probably be able to tell you what the framebuilder had for lunch the day he made it.

And if you really want to feel extra good about your purchase, have a look how much a new one would cost....

Mark & Garry are fabulous as they’ve done projects for me & are currently doing a project for me at the moment 👍
You’re in good hands 😁

Back