Are you scared of your Mrs?

My mrs and I have a very cool arrangment, we get a certain amount of spending money each month, into separate bank accounts. We can do what we like with it.

She spent £350 on clothes, fine. Out of her spending money.

I just bought a BMW 635CSi, and another road frame. ;)

Me scared?

I have traded up to a new woman recently.My old girlfriend moaned like hell about my bikes!The current one has her own hobbies,dogs,horses,art,so we do what the hell we like and everyone is happy.Just need to win the lottery to bu8y more stuff now!!
:D :D

A mate of mine saw a fishing pole REDUCED to £1,500! He gave the shop owner £500 deposit and went home to face the music. You have to bear in mind he already had 5 of them. Like a real man he told her it cost £1,000 with only £500 more to pay. You can guess the rest. After a few days she calmed down and went to the fishing shop with £500 thinking it would make a nice early [secret] birthday present for him. The owner was thinking on his feet, took the money, and let her leave with the pole. After she left he called my mate who had to rush around gathering / borrowing the money to pay the shop. He lived to buy another day. BTW it was a Shimano pole.

cyfa2809":29bc30kx said:
:shock: that was a damn lucky friend!!

I told the storey to another mate who ran a [mostly roadie] LBS for a while, he wasn't in the least surprised and said that regular customers often came in with secret money to be "left in the till" for parts in the future. It's a sort of marital money laundering.

I have to take my hat off the guys who have a stash of cars though!

I got my new girflriend on side straight away by telling her that my lilac and white Overburys was now hers. She hasn't mentioned the other 4 bikes that live in my 2 bed flat ever since :D

On a serious note, The Overbury's is already written into my side of the pre-nup :D

I'm currently on the lookout for a new missus....my terms is she must have more than one bike :D

Dr.Robotnik":ke78sk49 said:
So to someone who's not married, how do you avoid getting into this situation?
Um, I think I can field this one - don't get married?

Next.

Also available for relationship counselling, marriage guidance, bar mitzvahs, and after dinner speeches...

Back