Apocalypto tip find - the coronabeagle

Ok, so these cranks, what do you reckon?

For starters, I made a bit of a meal of removing the rh crank, thread was a little damaged at the start, in my haste I used brute force to get the extractor tool in and almost certainly haven’t helped matters. Can’t tell whether I’ve cross threaded it or what... but it looks a bit of a mess... Can you get a tap (or similar) to fit this thread and clean it up? Googling brings up the “bicycle research tc-8” but I can’t find one for sale...

Then, the left side, well it just doesn’t look square, what do you reckon? Oh, and so far I’ve failed to get the pedal off. Tried a butane torch to no avail, made a bit of a mess of my pedal spanner too...

Attachments

• 4E44C02B-EBF3-40D1-8971-46B43A99E09D.jpeg
    4E44C02B-EBF3-40D1-8971-46B43A99E09D.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 314
  • 5A88D3C9-BB14-4AA8-B8DE-1FA89DB2B486.jpeg
    5A88D3C9-BB14-4AA8-B8DE-1FA89DB2B486.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 314
they look fine, some very similar ones on the Royal on it way to you

and if they get stiuck, you can always:

file.php

legrandefromage":12cdj3ys said:
they look fine, some very similar ones on the Royal on it way to you

and if they get stiuck, you can always:

file.php

Ooh! Royal on its way? :cool:

That’s a mega tool. One of yours?

Might just clean them up with a wire brush etc and see if the tool goes in a bit easier... not mad keen spending money on this although I do quite fancy building and riding it. No one else will...

Re:

Not much info out there re British Eagle, Wikipedia page is particularly useless.

I know they underwent lots of changes of ownership etc, and were associated with other brands like Coventry Eagle and Falcon. But I wonder where bikes (and more specifically frames) like this were actually built?

Re:

Coventry. Or Taiwan.
I wouldn't worry about the cranks too much, if you go to re-use them just do them up real tight and use plenty of threadlock on the nuts/bolts.
If they work loose then they're probably fubar, if they stay on then you can worry about removal in a few years time.

Latest posts

Back