Anyone remember the 'Titan 1/2 Trac'?

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been passively looking for a Titan 1/2 Trac for quite a while (read; years) without success. Does anyone remember it? Looped eleveted rear stays, 4130 cr-mo tubing, 1 1/4" head tube, straight bladed forks. I really liked it back in the day. I think it first came out in '90 and was only sold for 2(?) years.

Here's an image of a 1/2 Trac I found that makes me cry. :cry:

utilitybike03.jpg

Titan were best known for their BMX bikes, especially their Ti offerings. they produced a small number of (non-elevated) Ti MTB frames. I'd love to get my greasy mitts on one of them too...

Arran":3l98p32i said:
Here's an image of a 1/2 Trac I found that makes me cry. :cry:
Sigh not so - at least it's being ridden. And those licence-plate mudguards are the shiznitch.

Just needs a hub dynamo...

I used to own one of those, although mine was slightly more, erm, mountain bikey than that one. They were commonly nicknamed the Titan 1/2 ton with good reason, it was the most over built bike in the world but rode beautifully. I bought it back in 1990 something from the then Covent Garden Cycles after my Cinelli was stolen and I decked it out with all the purple stuff I could muster. It was my dream bike after I had seen the lake jumping article in MBUK with Jamie Tatlow et al throwing themselves into the water at the Malverns. It was eventually px'ed with Vince at Recycle for something a little more normal.

Lovely bike, great memories - good luck with the hunt

Just noticed that that one has canti's on the back, mine had a U brake mounted on the underside of the seat stays, think that one has been doctored slightly!

Latest posts

Back