Anyone planning to get out and ride in the snow tomorrow?

I ventured out yesterday afternoon, as we had a bit of sunshine (a real rarity), and a mate of mine fancied a bit of a trip up around the hills and plantations.
Nice to look at but I have to say that, for me, the novelty soon wears off.
Still, it won't be around for ever - rain forecast for this weekend plus milder temperatures means everywhere will soon be a real swampfest.

Of course, I made my usual mistake of taking a geared bike out "just for a change" but I never seem to learn from my mistakes. The gears worked fine in all the snow, it's just that I'm getting too old and stupid to ride anything with gears properly.
In fact, about twenty minutes into the ride, I said to my very good friend Martyn that maybe I should take it as a sign and accept that it's time to give the whole thing up, as I frequently don't seem to get much joy from it.
As with many things in life, really...

Anyway, it looked like this - no bikes in shot (crappy phone photo) but you all know what a bike looks like anyway...

Attachments

• Ballaugh-1.gif
    Ballaugh-1.gif
    203.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Tholt-y-Will-1-(2).gif
    Tholt-y-Will-1-(2).gif
    261.9 KB · Views: 134
yesterday I caused some collateral damage :LOL:

2013-01-26_14-38-53_176_zps06f32c4c.jpg

2013-01-26_15-05-11_628_zps86c338f2.jpg

I went around the Blue at Whinlatter last Thursday. I had it planned in for weeks as I was working up there, so now way was I going to miss out. The snow just added to the fun, really powdery and only a few other people had been around before me so not compacted.

8422915123_9734f3873c.jpg

8424007216_9a7b19a995.jpg

Back