Anyone near Welshpool? -> Nevermind, sorted

Raging_Bulls

Sbike Fan
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all.

I've always regretted selling my first MTB, a 1994 Scott Mohaka. I know it handled like a rhino on ice and the grip shift's position didn't have anything to do with the rear mech's position or behaviour, but it still was the bike that got me into mountain biking.

Last night I found a Mohaka that looks suspiciously like my old bike ... in Welshpool.
The spec and paint damage at the back of the top tube are nearly identical to what I remember about mine. It even has the reflectors that my father didn't allow me to remove when I junked the fenders and rack. The only thing I notice is that it doesn't seem to be wearing an Alivio rear mech, but that's okay because BITD those had a tendency to explode every other week.

Is there anyone nearby who could check this bike out? If the frame is straight and the fork isn't bent backwards (2 issues I'm slightly afraid of based on the pictures), I'd love to get my hands on that one. Of course you'll be compensated for your fuel, the cost of boxing it up and shipping it to Belgium. (hopefully at a good price, no idea what it costs to ship a bike from UK to mainland Europe)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scott-Retro-M ... 439wt_1396

EDIT : Actually, on second glance ... that IS an Alivio mech. :shock:

EDIT 2 : looks like I have a shipping address already, so this one is almost sorted.

EDIT 3 : Sorted shipping address and bought the bike. Thanks, Steve.
Now let's hope the seller wants to play nice.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back