Anyone into Beach buggy's ?

perry":1pddecza said:
sell the capper :shock:

i supose with cost of petrol it doesnt come out as much as it used to :(

once ive got a garage ill be spending all my time on a anglia estate , shave the weight right off it and see how fuel efficient i can get it . itl be tax exempt too

how about a pickup ? im trying to think of something that will get a lot of use so justify its cost . you dont live in the sunniest of places :LOL:

Yeah, as much as i like it it will go eventually to get something else, dont mind the fuel so much, it get's used a couple of times a week, don't use it for work though as it's parked in a haulage yard and it ends up caked in dust :roll:, it's probably done less than a thousand miles in the last year.

Had a Pickup before, a LHD American import Mazda B2000, cool thing but biggest problem i found was the insurance was very expesive as it's a commercial even though it was'nt used for work.

Here in California I see a lot of old buggies for sale like the one in your picture. At least a couple of times a year I spot one with a good body and chassis, but needing a new engine, for $500 or so on Craigslist. I've often been tempted to buy and build one, but as soon as I remember how temperamental those old aircooled engines were (especially so in California with it's hotter weather) I back off and go for something else. However, in the cooler climates, I've heard those engines live longer, so good luck with that thought!

Back