Anyone heard of Sevysa?

Elev12k":pyioe2ym said:
Hi,

Kestrel I thought

sun shines here too ;) Greetings

:idea: Yes, I do remember a kestrel team bike with funk forks & spengle trispokes.

;)

kestrel team bike.

If the kestrel you're on about was in MBUK many moons ago, I think it was Pete Tomkin's bike and the XTR cranks, front and Rear Mech are now on my yo eddy. I remeber the bike coming into a bike shop in Durham and getting split up.

Re: kestrel team bike.

younggeoff":31urcmm8 said:
If the kestrel you're on about was in MBUK many moons ago, I think it was Pete Tomkin's bike and the XTR cranks, front and Rear Mech are now on my yo eddy. I remeber the bike coming into a bike shop in Durham and getting split up.

:cry: What a shame :!: that was a nice bike.

Whatever happened to the uber-rare funk sus forks then :?: :?: :?: , did you snaffle then as well :?:

SEVYSA BLUE KNIGHT

Hello folk SEVYSA were indeed importers for Syncros etc. I had a EASTON PROGRAM frame they had made in about 93-94 it was called BLUE KNIGHT all black anodised over the top of blue anodising so letters appeared through underneath in lovely turquoise blue. It was a really nice bike when built wished id taken pictures to share but it was years back. If you find one pick it up they must have been made by a really good frame shop EASTON was worked in limited quantities back then. :D

I am surprised that so little people know about sevysa,..
Is there no-one on here with a Sevysa?
i have a green one, it is a great rider and i still remember the first one a saw a build one at my local bikestore in 93 or so, lovely bikes

In 1994 a Sevysa was on my shortlist. Beautiful polished framesets with relatively fat downtubes. Most of them were offered with Syncros parts.
Have not seen one for a long time.

Re:

I've just got my hands on a Sevysa bike. It was a real 'barnfind'. It has been collecting dust for years. The bike has some really nice parts like a Rock Shox Judy XC, Chris King headset, Magura brakes and some Ringlé parts like QR and bottle holder. Some pictures after a good clean, not yet restored.

Attachments

• step0000.jpg
    step0000.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 221
  • step0000.jpg
    step0000.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 221
  • step0001.jpg
    step0001.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 221
Very nice frame, they had a good reputation back in the mid-nineties. The build is very wrong though: riser bars, sturdy stem and massive pedals are not appropriate for a super lightweight xc race frame.

Good luck returning it to its former glory, the frame looks mint!

PaintedDesert":2w2feqt9 said:
Very nice frame, they had a good reputation back in the mid-nineties. The build is very wrong though: riser bars, sturdy stem and massive pedals are not appropriate for a super lightweight xc race frame.

Good luck returning it to its former glory, the frame looks mint!

I'm with you. I'm thinking of replacing the seat post, stem and handlebar for black parts. Probably Syncros or Easton parts. Any suggestions? What would be acceptable (as in 'period correct' ?) Stem now is a Azonic Shorty, pedals are Odyssey Black Widow's.

Back