Anyone got a Mini Cooper S?

I had a 1275 Cooper S mk 11 with a Downton tuned engine, Jack Knight gearbox and Minilites with Dunlop race tyres on. Proper mini :LOL: :LOL:

Dr S":1u8a8lnr said:
I had a 1275 Cooper S mk 11 with a Downton tuned engine, Jack Knight gearbox and Minilites with Dunlop race tyres on. Proper mini :LOL: :LOL:
Now that is a proper mini.

Mine had 4 Amal carbs when I got it. It went like stink but they were impossible to keep in tune. :roll:

Tallpaul":1hy022ac said:
gump":1hy022ac said:
nope, but the power steering is a joke. Probably about the noiseyest system around.

Yeah, it's run off an electric motor rather than the engine.

Can't say its bothered me on the Mini's i've been in. Certainly not a deal breaker at the moment. The road noise from the run-flats is probably more of a pain.

Good man! Know your stuff - I design these things for a living :)

Thats one thing that has got people thinking - how a BMW permium brand mini gets away with something that sounds so horrendous when parking etc, and no one cares!
Note the first Gen minis used a hydraulic system driven by electric motor, second Gen use a full electric system. In case you were interested :?

IGMC...

Errr, who edited my post and how???????? :?

Sod it and get a Fabia Vrs.

Mine is remapped etc and keeps up with cooper s' and i still get 68mpg plus on long runs.....

Oh....and the boot on mine doesnt resemble my glovebox like a mini's does!

Personal choice at the end of the day

Good man TallPual! Know your stuff - I design these things for a living :)

Thats one thing that has got people thinking - how a BMW permium brand mini gets away with something that sounds so horrendous when parking etc, and no one cares!
Note the first Gen minis used a hydraulic system driven by electric motor, second Gen use a full electric system. In case you were interested :?

IGMC...

Round the doors, I’m getting 25mpg and on long runs 31mpg (2hrs + on the motorway).

Got a 04 (facelift) with chilli pack, folding mirrors, grey headliner, rain pack.

Servicing doesn't cost much because of the TLC, which reminds me I need to extend it to 8years.

Have you searched mini2.com/forums?

BTW never noticed the power steering, probs bug the shit out me now!

Back