Anyone got a mini project

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
As the title suggests, anyone got a CLASSIC mini, not a BMW one. I’ve had a project mini sitting in my garage for about a year now and now I’m thinking of selling it ( this is not supposed to be a for sale thread)
I had the project all planned out, mood board, excel spreadsheet price, the lot. I’m currently rebuilding the engine ( a 1380cc engine originally used as a test engine for Kent cams). I’d say potential horsepower is 150, which is a huge amount for a mini, or more if it was very well tuned. I’ve got all the Haynes manuals, and I’ve got to the camshaft stage, until I covered with a rag and stuffed it next to my toolbox. I bought the engine in bits not including things like carburettors. I’m just putting it out there, is anyone in the market for a monster of an engine in their mini, or anything else? Bearing in mind the rebuild will take about a few months waiting for parts and I’ve got quite a bit on my plate.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks for looking🙏👍

I used to work with a chap that had a Mini with a mid mounted Volvo T5 engine. My God, traveling in that gave a fair idea what it would be like to stand on a land mine. Even worse, in his yoof he was a karting champion and the one time he gave me a lift into work we did the whole journey sideways.

Coincidentally, Mrs Chopper is downsizing her Polestar and has ordered a new Mini Cooper S electric.

Latest posts

Back