Anyone ever tried the cheap silicone grips (like ESI) off eBay?

I dont know what you mean exactly but: Definitely not. These Silicone foam grips are completely different to the rubber grips out there and completely different to the retro foam grips of the early 90s (that are also still out there of course by Ritchey etc).

It all depends on which style and material category of grips you prefer.

Yes thats true. They most likely come from the same huge asian factory building. I do have many pairs of rubber grips in different colors that are shaped little differently (a little boxier) but feel 100% like ODI attacks.

If you're gonna do that, might as well buy silicone tubing by the foot. It's on my to-do list
That isn't a bad idea at all. It'll work, but the key is to find silicone tubing that isn't too glossy and slippery, that's the only curse of the cheaper silicone grips. Most of them are basically identical in feel to ESI, but too slippery. I've heard of people using various stuff on them to make them grippier though.

Yes thats true. They most likely come from the same huge asian factory building. I do have many pairs of rubber grips in different colors that are shaped little differently (a little boxier) but feel 100% like ODI attacks.
Rubber grips are very hit and miss, I agree that much of the cheap stuff there can be very mediocre and sometimes just plain uncomfortable but you'll occasionally find some good stuff.

I prefer foam grips

Back