Anybody built a mullet?

Carver did one in the mid noughties, followed by Trek a few years later. Disappointingly both called 96ers.

Principle is sound, but at that point they hadn’t figured out the geo to make 29ers handle like they do now,
The trek is 69er.

2875332542_e7106d97f2_b.jpg

I see he still hasn’t found a suitable rear disk😛

It’s a beauty, I like that it’s got the geared hub in the linkage.

We all know we want that bike😉

I borrowed a 100mm travel fork and wheel from my 29er to fit onto my On One 456. For me it was a success with the front wheel rolling over stuff much better, neither did I miss the 130mm travel of the 26er fork it replaced, (no overall weight gain either).
All of my riding buddies were keen to try it but without exception they all felt that the bars were too high and it was difficult to "ride the fork" over rocks. Depending on where you plan to ride the high bars would seem to help though.
My plan was to put things back as they were and start saving for a fork and wheel, it proved difficult to find a 29er fork with a straight steerer and then I broke the frame so I gave it to an unemployed mate who had it welded up and uses it still.
Sorry no pics but hope this helps.

I did one of these a few years back.

I did one of these a few years back.

What a beauty!

I see he still hasn’t found a suitable rear disk😛

It’s a beauty, I like that it’s got the geared hub in the linkage.

We all know we want that bike😉

He has, I found one pretty quickly after watching his youtube video about it and offered to buy it and ship it to him but he said he already had one.

I did this to my 650b Ritchey and it was a real upgrade with the 29"wheel in front combined with a 100mm Fox32.
Still good in tiny curves and was way better over obstacles.

Back