Wanted Any such thing as a super low stack headset for straight steerer 1 1/8"?

ExpertBlay

Gold Trader
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Any such thing as a super low stack headset for straight steerer 1 1/8" NOT semi-integrated? Cannot get the headset to preload properly, i have tried all different headset spacer combos but cannot get it to lock up.

1673272836998.jpeg

I can't fathom the issue here. if you can get a top bolt in then it should pull down to "preload" the headset, if it isn't doing that then there is something else going on, possibly pulling the star nut out or similar.

Bad threads on your top bolt? so once it getting tighter they are just slipping back a level?

you defo got a crown race on the fork?

As above don't understand (and also know idea what you mean by super low, any hint of how short it needs to be, 24mm, 28mm, 32mm?..)

If that headset fits & you have spacers, you don't need a shorter stack height. Just a working headset or you're doing something a bit wrong...like missing a bit.

If that headset fits & you have spacers, you don't need a shorter stack height. Just a working headset or you're doing something a bit wrong...like missing a bit.

not a bad suggestion, is the tapered split ring in the upper race of the headset? I've known a few people leave it out by mistake and then ask a similar question.

Guys I’m going to try and knock the star fangled nut down a bit more as had a look at some of my other forks and it seems too be very high.

Back