Any sky/tv installers in? Remote syncing question

sylus

Old School Grand Master
So yesterday the tv went on a wobble and today packed up...I'm fighting getting a flat screen so went and found a mahoosive 32 inch jvc for 40 quid..true they are like a barge but I don't trust anything thin, new and fulla faults..onwards

The old tv was able to be worked off the sky remote so using the interactive/customer section on the sky remote I set the remote up with the code given to me by sky..it worked for a fashion but now I can't use the back up, select any downwards any channels on the channel or the downward arrow buttons

phones sky customer services..20 minutes whilst waiting for some one to answer and then when I did get through..someone reading a script..from mumbai

So I did the cover the remote ..tv..two lights etc..I also tried the batteries out then hold select for a minute and still unable to channel down or back up

any ideas?

Daft question but you are pressing the blue sky button first to put it back to sky mode?

Went onto customer service bit and spoke to ...Honest we are in england..it's near mumbai

and they did the hand over the remote turn to tv..then select and red hold ..then type in code they had..then back to sky then..well most things worked except the back up button...the down button on the channel selector and green arrow and it sometimes needs a few pushes on the button to get what does work..to work.

It worked perfectly fine on the previous tele so I'm guessing the code from sky is incorrect or incomplete but will resolve it soon

Back